Need help with Extra Wide Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floater1

New
Reaction score
I will be traveling to Bonaire next month and I need to buy some new fins. I am an avid snorkeler with very wide feet. I wear a size 12/EEEE shoe. I searched the forum but the only relevant post was from 2011. I would prefer a full foot fin but I know this might not be possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (yes I still need fins, even with these feet):eyebrow:

you're not going to find full foot fins, i have a 14EEE and it's all but impossible. Your best bet is to use neoprene socks and standard fins. Dive Rite XT's should work for you in their XL with socks.

A year ago I posted a thread entitled "Extreme sizing: simple rubber snorkelling fins for people with tiny or huge feet", based on some research I had done on the availability of full-foot fin sizing. I use traditional full-foot rubber snorkelling fins when I snorkel in the North Sea off the North East coast of England. I included in my posting some examples of commercial lines available in extreme sizes. You can find it at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sn...r-snorkelling-fins-people-tiny-huge-feet.html

It's a shame that today's fin manufacturers don't follow the recommendations of German Standard DIN 8786 of October 1980 that all fins, whether open- or closed-heel, should be marked with the appropriate Foot Length and Foot breadth in centimetres. It would make online purchasing - and life in general - so much easier if we knew the exact internal dimensions of any full-foot fins we were considering buying. Just providing a range of sizes, e.g. 13-15, is simply not good enough in this day and age.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom