Need Help With Dog Scuba Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

west86

New
Reaction score
Hi there i am a student currently researching on Dog scuba diving.. so anyone have any information about dog scuba diving?? for example what are the special gears used,What requirement a dog must fulfill etc..

your help will be greatly appreciated..

can e-mail me at west_ioio@hotmail.com also..tks for looking = ]

regards

Well, I know that Scooby Doo used to use a FFM. Apparently with a comms system.

Anybody have a link to that dog on utube

Welcome to scubaboard...why are you doing this research? What could the hypothesis be...

If the dog is cool with it....cool.

Welcome to the board? Do you dive? Possibly if you are not certified, I would think you should do it first. So you your self have a little more info to work with.

Not going to "bite" on this one (pun intended). Dogs are incapable of diving with SCUBA because they are constantly using their noses at the same time to sniff and smell for the presence of other male dogs (territorial markings), available females, food, etc. This is an instinctual habit. Not sure it you can train that out of a canine, domesticated or not.

Dogs and Scuba, in my opinion do not mix......

How can a dog equalize?? This seems like it might be cruelty to animals...

I would say that in terms of "What requirement a dog must fulfill". . . how about being able to read, comprehend, and sign an informed consent/release form?

My dog as a puppy jumped into the pool and started swimming with the kids. She jumps off the diving board and go underwater to greet the kids. After camping at the beach I realized she loved swimming in the ocean as well. She has even been on a boogie board and attempted surfing. (She hates the river for some reason maybe the strong current.) I would love for her to dive with me I need a buddy. But I really would never subject a dog to something that they cannot communicate what is happening to their body. For example: equalizing, narcosis (at what level), and so many other things. PS My dog is a Lowchen, just 12 pounds. Her wetsuit would have to be made for her comfort and she can't tell me when she has a squeeze.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom