Need help on what wing to purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brysonjk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a Zeagle BP with a manta wing right now. I am looking for something smaller for single tank use, and can't figure out what to get. I am torn between the 35lb retractable HD Nylon Bladder (p/n: 7030HDBP), and the 35lb replacement bladder from the escape (p/n: 7030) Primarily due to the lack of information and specs on both, I am left with the question of what would be better. Like I said before. I have a zeagle BP so mounting either wouldn't be an issue. The only difference I see is how they mount. One looks to use the Single tank bands, and the other bolts to the backplate. Would the bolting method help keep the wing from doing the "taco" thing? Please help with whatever info you can provide.

Thanks in advance

Thank you Scott. I went ahead and ordered the 35lb HD nylon retractable. I found it online at a Dive center near me, and got a rather good price on it. I want to use it this weekend, and they will have it here tomorrow. But thank you for the advice. I am sure this one will work out great in the end. I have never heard of a less then great product from Zeagle.

But I do have a question about the Manta. Is there a reason that the wing doesn't have the straps that snap to the sides of the harness. I have noticed that all the other wings Zeagle produced seem to have them, including the Bertha which seems to be 2 manta bladders in the same wing (well a little larger 55 vs 50). Thanks again.

A lot of people use the Manta wings with doubles, and there is no need for the clips when used for that purpose....

The 35lb HD should work fine for what you are doing!

Thanks!

Scott

Thanks again. Just comfirmed what I was thinking. I will be diving with the new wing this weekend. Can't wait.

Thanks again. Just comfirmed what I was thinking. I will be diving with the new wing this weekend. Can't wait.

Just incase anyone is reading this... I have made 6 dives with the new Nylon HD retractable bladder with a single tank and I think it is perfect. If I had to give it a rating I would say 5 out of 5. Another great product by Zeagle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom