Need help on push button replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

conundrum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A friend of mine accidentally broke his housing, and we live in Thailand. A push-button was broken in 2 pieces as attached pictures.

1) Can I order the push-button, c-clip, and o-ring to replace it myself?
2) Which SKU number should I order from Ikelite?

Regards,

1595847760031.jpg
1595847761263.jpg
1595847768441.jpg

I would contact Ikelite directly (IKELITE@IKELITE.COM), once they have the housing specifics they should be able to help.

They have always been a help to me when I need bits and pieces.

+1 on that. I've been rebuilding a battery pac and they have sourced multiple obscure parts (like the springs that contact the circuit board on the power switch, and that funky O-ring that seals the shaft of the power knob)

They sell a kit with a new spring, oring, clip, and lubrication, but it doesn't include the housing push button.

I've never seen anyone break one of those, that is very impressive.

I can't find that part for sale. I am pretty certain that the housing push button is the same on all of their DSLR housings, so you could buy a cheap housing and move the part over, but I am very certain it will be cheaper to email Ikelite directly and buy that part from them. They are good people, they have always bent over backwards to help me out with far less serious complaints or issues than this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom