Need help on custom wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calvin_c

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm new to the board and I have a quick question.

I'm headed to Hawaii on the 19th and I cant wear off the rack wetsuits very well. Im looking to get a custom 3mm (should it be thicker?) made before I leave. Any tips on companies I should call? I need to get it order tomorrow!
Oh yes, this will be a one time use wetsuit, so I dont want to spend a lot on it.

Thanks

calvin_c:
I'm new to the board and I have a quick question.

I'm headed to Hawaii on the 19th and I cant wear off the rack wetsuits very well. Im looking to get a custom 3mm (should it be thicker?) made before I leave. Any tips on companies I should call? I need to get it order tomorrow!
Oh yes, this will be a one time use wetsuit, so I dont want to spend a lot on it.

Thanks

14 days to Hawaii, and don't want to spend a lot on a one-time custom wetsuit??

You'll pay extra for expedited shipping, etc.

That said, I have an Aquaflite; I've heard good things about Liquidfit; ScubaL (formerly known as Triple-L, but you'll pay extra for shipping to the US); Hotwave (ditto shipping to the US); & I'm sure there are others...

Unless your size is really off, I'd consider one of the off-the-rack superstretch suits (e.g. Henderson Hyperstretch & its competitors).

Edit added: Try this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=73239

Edit added: BTW, welcome to Scubaboard!!!

Aquaflite.com all the way. VERY good prices, very fast service, great wetsuit. Download the fitting form today, have someone in your home measure you, fax it back and you'll have it way before the 19th. I've bought 3 wetsuits from them and each was great.
M

Thanks Guys. Exactltly the info i was looking for. I will get with Aquaflite and Liquid tomorrow.

Now.. Kauai in february...3mm?

JMJ custom wetsuits in Gardena So Cal, about the cost of off the shelf, and took about a week and a half for me. One of the owners used to work for Bodyglove (or was it oniel?)

calvin_c:
Thanks Guys. Exactltly the info i was looking for. I will get with Aquaflite and Liquid tomorrow.

Now.. Kauai in february...3mm?

You might post that question in the travel/north america/hawaii forum...

I think the Hawaiian waters run in the low 70's in the winter. For me, that's a 5mm, not a 3. But then, I'm a wuss...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom