Need help identify tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank is in hydro but needed a VIP. Got it VIP'd last week.

A little update. I turned the tank around and stamped on the reverse side of where the above markings are is ....

OMS/112

So, I guess it's an OMS 112 LP. I read somewhere, probably here, that the 108 and 112 are the same...could that be true?

The tank is obviously made by Faber. There is also a sticker on the neck area that says "it's steel it must be a Faber"

OMS labelled their 108s as 112s just so their tanks were "bigger" and people would buy them.

When I calculate my SAC rate, what value should I use....108 or 112?

Faber-Italy M8303 04/1284 130 17L 06 04. TC-3AAM-184/DOT 3AA 2400 REE86

Man I just loved all the guessing

M8303 == Mfg Id == Faber

04/1284 130 == 04 Year made, 1284 Batch number, 130 number in batch

17L water volume in liters.

06 04 == First hydro June 2004 (There should have been a + plus mark for overfill)

TC-3AAM-184 == TC Transport Canada, 3AAM Material Callout Steel. 184 working pressure in bar.

DOT 3AA 2400 == DOT Dept of Transportation, 3AA Material Callout Steel. 2400 working pressure in psi.

REE86 == rejection elastic expansion value

As for the OMS 112/108 thing we have a set of OMS66 or really LP65s I always found it funny.

If the Al cylinders are made by Catalina here is how to decipher their markings:

http://www.catalinacylinders.com/markscuba.html

06 04 == First hydro June 2004 (There should have been a + plus mark for overfill)

There is a '+' after the 04. There is also another 'symbol', kind of like the top part of an up-facing arrow between the 06 and the 04.

For the original hydro, most manufacturers put a small symbol between the month and year of the hydro stamp. It looks something like this, off of one of my Worthington 119s:
hydro_date2.jpg

Luxfer's symbol (off one of my Al80s):
hydro_date3.jpg

Whenever it is time to get this cylinder hydro'd, you'll see a small code between the two dates, something like this off one of my PST LP80s (note the "D7 26"):
hydro_date.jpg

This is the code of that specific hydro re-tester; if you wanted you could look it up based on a big list of re-testers from the DOT. It's difficult to make out, but the original hydro date is under the 2/08 mark -- on PST cylinders they didn't usually (I've never seen it, at least) put a symbol between the month and year of the original hydro test date. It was just a dash: "5-02+".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom