Need help getting my 1st regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with Scubapro MK25/S600 12 years ago. I don't have, need & know any other reg. It works like a charm till now. So, why bother trying any other reg? Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

I made 580 dives with it to temperature of as low as low as 15 deg.C, down to 44m depth. No free flowing, yet (knock on wood). All I need it is to send it out for service every year. One of the best dive gear investment I have ever made.

Is there anything wrong with using one of these? It's just a "Y" adapter so I would assume you can use it for Ai...

XS Scuba High Pressure Port Adapter 1 to 2 HP Port

There is a guy on YouTube called Alec Peirce. He is an old time diver and owned his own shop in Canada for many years. In one of his videos, he claims that having a redundant pressure gauge is no longer necessary because the newer AI computers are much more reliable than the ones of old. He also claims that lost signals from the transmitter are reacquired in a few seconds. If the computer totally stops working you are going to end the dive anyway, so air pressure is not an issue.

As to the adapter, there are some schools of scuba thought that would advise against it because it adds a failure point because of the additional o-ring. Personally, I agree with @buddhasummer that there is nothing wrong with it. O-rings are very dependable, just inspect them for wear and damage periodically and replace when necessary and you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom