need help finding a dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are all you guys doing deco, where you use a timer and not a computer for run time?

If not, why isn't my $30. Timex good enough for non-deco, ? It's been to almost 140' a few times, and keeps good time. It's a backup in case computer (clock) fails, right? And useful for timing safety stops. Why spend 1000s, or even 100s?

You might try looking at used Tag Heuer's. I sold an older one (professional series - black face) a year or so ago for just a bit more than you wanted to spend. The selling price will be higher. However it depends on wear so you might find one cheaper. Definitely buy from reputable sellers. I also have found a local watch shop that can do pressure tests. Finding one might be worth it after your purchase depending on who you buy from.

The gentleman asked about a good dive watch, good is self explanatory and dive watch can be taken several ways. Rough and dependable with the ability to get wet and still work. The other item is dive watch and that can imply computer abilities and that a whole different thing. Any of the cheaper watches are really quite satisfactory watches if rated for 200m Thats probably the only demand as a 100m watch uses a different seal and can leak.
Bill

Are all you guys doing deco, where you use a timer and not a computer for run time?
You don't have to do deco diving to appreciate and use a backup timing device to track bottom time.

It's a backup in case computer (clock) fails, right? And useful for timing safety stops. Why spend 1000s, or even 100s?

Because it's cool to have expensive toys. Do you buy the cheapest regulators? Why not? A 30-years-old well maintained regulator will work just fine.

You don't have to do deco diving to appreciate and use a backup timing device to track bottom time.

Because it's cool to have expensive toys. Do you buy the cheapest regulators? Why not? A 30-years-old well maintained regulator will work just fine.

Heck I own four regs and there all 30 years old

I have several Seiko Diver automatics (self winding, no batteries) 200 m, one of them 27 y.o. work great, stylish, all with rubber watch band, not metal bracelet. Reasonably priced (no one pays list for a Seiko dive watch).

There's no reason why changing the batteries (if done properly) would have an adverse affect on the water resistance of the watch.
Personally, I wear a Casio that I bought at WalMart.

Back
Top Bottom