need good dive shop Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dooman

Reaction score
Going to Aruba in May like to know a good dive shop down there .Taking padi class up in Boston and open water dive in Aruba is this a good plan ? help me please

thank so so very much Tim

this is an excellent plan, and i've seen it done over and over (you'll actually do
four dives in Aruba to get your C-card, by the way).

unfortunately, i can't offer any info. on Aruba dive operators, but just wanted to
welcome you to the board and to wish you luck.

dooman:
Going to Aruba in May like to know a good dive shop down there .Taking padi class up in Boston and open water dive in Aruba is this a good plan ? help me please

thank so so very much Tim
PELICAN a exelent op

I used Native Divers when I was there in Aug. '02. Romeo was great & lots of fun. The whole week it was my boyfriend, Romeo & me. It was great! That sure beats the 15 + divers you'll encounter w/ some of the other dive ops.
Check him out at www.nativedivers.com

I second the Pelican recommendation. I have not used them but have friends who were in Aruba two weeks ago. They highly recommended them.

I would stay away from Red Sail Sports.

We did the same thing you're doing back in October. We took our classes and pool time in NY then did our OW referral dives in Aruba. We used Native divers also and Romeo was great. He's a great teacher, although a self proclaimed Mussolini, he was tough, but he makes sure you're a safe diver. We dove with him for most of our dives for the rest of the trip and it was great. Never more than 4 divers (including myself and my hubby) and Romeo, and a few times where it was just the 3 of us. He doesn't do a really in-depth pre-dive briefing, but does review the dive plan and profile.

We also dove with Unique, another quality Dive op, bigger though. Bigger boat=more divers(maybe 8 of us), but not a cattleboat at all. Good pre-dive briefings, good DM's.

I had a great time with Red Sail. I also sent a couple of students to them for their OW dives and they had a great time too. The instructor took his time with them and they really enjoyed it.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom