need good compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool, glad you like the set up and cheers for giving credit. How do you like the Kubis? Did you get the fitted? What gloves are you using with them? I found the Kubi ones a little thin so swapped them for some black Showa gloves.

There was a SNAFU with my Kubi order. All I can say right now is that I ordered the regular kit not the fitted one. I also got the Pinnacle Merino wool glove liners. The gloves I was using were the standard black rubber gloves that come with the Kubis. I did 4 dives over the weekend and my hands stayed warm and dry the whole time.

I am now awaiting a replacement kit. Once I get it and everything is "final", I will post more detailed thoughts over in the dry glove thread.

---------- Post added October 20th, 2015 at 09:16 AM ----------

What is the difference between the DGX Tech compass $39 and the DGX deluxe compass $58? Both are bungee mounts.

buddhasummer already pretty much answered this, but did not note the obvious: The Tech is a fair bit lower profile (i.e. not as tall), compared to the Pro. The bungee mount for the Tech may not have holes that lace AS nicely for handtop mounting (as the DSS bungee mount). I'd have to take her word for that. But, they seem to be pretty okay, to me. Between the $39 Tech compass and the compass in my Petrel 2, I don't currently covet any other compass technology. :)

Hey waterduck, can you compare the factory bungee mount to the DSS one for us?

After re-reading, I realize that you could've gotten the watch band type of mount from the factory, if this is the case, disregard.

Thanks.

Better to answer your question so others may know and be of some help to them also.I did receive the SK8 with the watch band type mount and after reading other reviews,I knew that the factory mount strap was a hassel to don and found that to be true.I found it very hard to fasten with two hands let alone one hand.I also could have saved a few bucks by ordering the SK8 in the console mount instead of the rubber wrist mount which will end up in a junk drawer with all my other mistakes.Thanks for asking your question.And yes,I am really happy with my DSS bungee mount.

Better to answer your question so others may know and be of some help to them also.I did receive the SK8 with the watch band type mount and after reading other reviews,I knew that the factory mount strap was a hassel to don and found that to be true.I found it very hard to fasten with two hands let alone one hand.I also could have saved a few bucks by ordering the SK8 in the console mount instead of the rubber wrist mount which will end up in a junk drawer with all my other mistakes.Thanks for asking your question.And yes,I am really happy with my DSS bungee mount.

You can also save some pennies by just buying the bare module, the money saved will buy the DSS mount should you wish to go down that road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom