Need full-foot fins for NARROW feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b2skier

Registered
Reaction score
I have been diving for about 5 years using Scubapro Veloce Club snorkel fins, size XS. They are the ONLY fins I've ever found that fit my feet (my shoe size is US ladies 9 AAA/AAAAA). I would like to find some fins that would provide a bit more power when diving in strong currents. I tried a pair of ScubaPro Twin Speed fins in the same size, but they were HUGE! Is there a company who makes fins specifically for narrow feet?

The elegant, featherweight Caribe is fully as fast as the twin speed, and more maneuverable. It is advertised as a "warm water" fin for one reason. The largest size available is 12-13 meaning that the largest booted foot that can fit is men's 10-10 1/2. The foot pocket of this fin is designed to approximate the shape of a human foot as opposed to a plank. That is because the moulds were made by Italians who are naturally careful and tasteful in such things. The same level of attention is evident in many of their diving products like spear guns, especially custom jobs, some of which are works of art. Generally disdained by the SCUBA diving crowd, anything which is artful is assumed to be for wimps. That is one attraction of the ugliest fin in the world, the twin jet which appears to have been designed during a vino break or after watching Jurassic Park. The Caribe is the one for you.

I wear a 9-1/2 AA and the Aeris Velocity are a pretty good fit. Now, if I could only find a narrow bootie....

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I'm going to Caicos in a few weeks, so I'll try to find something the Aeris or Caribe down there, so I can try it out right away. Otherwise I'll have to order it off the web, as non of the shops around here carry full foot fins in stock.

If you are interest in full foot splits, you might take a look into Oceanic Vortex V6. When I was looking to buy a pair for my gf, the V6 was highly recommended. According to the shop owner, one of the usual complaints given for the V6 is that the pockets are pretty narrow thus those with wider feet will not feel comfortable. I guess it should work right for you.

I ended up getting a pair of V6 for my gf and she's enjoying them alot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom