* * Need Divers for Music Video Shoot! $ PAID $

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, i was going to try and help out but Mr. Tarantino called and he needs me ...AGAIN! I guess i will be busy that day. I have someone interested.....but he has a REAL overactive bladder....is that a problem?

freediver:
Well, i was going to try and help out but Mr. Tarantino called and he needs me ...AGAIN! I guess i will be busy that day. I have someone interested.....but he has a REAL overactive bladder....is that a problem?

Only a problem for the other people in the pool :11:

The talent won't notice the smell, they will be too busy gagging on the water they just swallowed and shooting for the surface.

This thread needs a coke alert, I've been laughing for days.

Matt

What a friendly dive related board. Now I see why most of the divers in my circle say stay away from SB.

Since it looks like most of you are not interested in the experience, why bother to bash the post? Let it alone and get a life.

LaughingBlenny:
What a friendly dive related board. Now I see why most of the divers in my circle say stay away from SB.

Since it looks like most of you are not interested in the experience, why bother to bash the post? Let it alone and get a life.
The first few posts expressed a valid concern that the original poster was offering this "opportunity" not only illegally, but without recongniznig or acknowledging the very real liabilities and risks involved. His response (about film industry employees being able to get away scot-free despite extensive property damage and injuries) seems to embody a certain nonchalance.

Despite that, the amount of pay he's offering, and his admission as to financing the project using friends' personal credit cards, tends to indicate a less than professional production....... I think all the belittling occured mainly after certain posts warning of this potentially "shady" deal went unanswered.

LaughingBlenny:

We just wouldn't like to see him get some one hurt and he's trying real hard to do just that.

If any of you actually worked in the film business you would not have found the original post to be as shocking as most of you are making it to be. I'm not going to try and discuss this in detail with a bunch of people who are not actually interested in working in this business, but spec jobs a very common and EVERYONE who is working in this business has been involved with projects like this...no budget. This include established professional who make great money...they still help out for free or very little $ for the right people.

If you were truely interested in doing the work described in the post, most professional people would contact the person directly and ask the necessary questions and make the decision on whether to do the work. I see no need for the original poster to explain his business in detail to those who are not really considering the job.

If you want to break in to the film business or know anyone who wants to, contact me offline and I'll be more than happy to explain why people like bpcooper are doing what they are doing. Yes, I make 99% of my income working in the business.

MikeFerrara:
We just wouldn't like to see him get some one hurt and he's trying real hard to do just that.

You're making the asumption that he doesn't know what he's doing, hasn't check the rules, hasn't taken the necessare precautions. "He's trying real hard to do just that" is somewhat slanderous to a guy you don't know and implies you know all the details of his project...which I doubt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom