need dive shop recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AeroMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, I have some friends going on a cruise where they will be getting certified in a port before they get to Cozumel. He does not want to book a dive with the cruise line, he would rather book with a local shop that may cater to him and his wife. They will be very inexperienced as they will only have their certification dives done and brand new to divers.

Let me know if there is any local shops that can help them out. He mainly want his wife to have a positive experience so that she will want to do it again.

Thanks,

I am sure there are many that can fit that bill, but I can tell you that a few years ago when we were in that same boat and I wanted my wife to have a great experience and become comfortable diving, we chose Scuba Dive Cozumel | ScubaWithAlison Alison was terrific :cheerleader: :cheerleader: and made her feel very comfortable and safe. The boat, Maximus, is a converted sport fishing boat, so its bigger than some of the smaller boats used and allows two divers at a time to giant stride, which is nice if you are new. The boat is fast too, so your travel time on the boat will be one of the shortest. The boat captain, Carlos, is very friendly and speaks great English and will make you feel at home on Maximus. It may not matter to new divers, but you can dive your tank and computer. Rental gear is great. You can catch a cab for a couple of buck to south marina or caleta. The boat will be there waiting and at the end of the dives, they will get you a return taxi. As evidence of the quality of Scuba Dive Cozumel | ScubaWithAlison my wife has more dives than I do now and goes diving with Alison without me when I can't make it. She is as good or better a diver than I am now. (Don't tell her I said that!) :shocked2:

We've gone diving with Scuba Mau several times and they're great!

I got to dive with Scuba Mau one afternoon trip in June. Our small group got very personalized service and guided dives. The guide dove to the experience/skill level of the group.

Whoever you book with, also hire a private DM. Money well spent.

Have you explained the importance of DAN or DA dive insurance?

There is nothing in the world wrong with Scuba Mau. There are plenty of Cozumel dive ops that are every bit as good. I recommend doing research other places in addition to ScubaBoard.

There is nothing in the world wrong with Scuba Mau. There are plenty of Cozumel dive ops that are every bit as good. I recommend doing research other places in addition to ScubaBoard.
:lol:​
So right, but so wrong. :laughing: It's pretty bad when the cheerleading gets so out of hand that you suggest outside research.
Cheerleader_6.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom