need dive buddy in the Ocala area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy Lazar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am a newly certified diver in Ocala looking for a dive buddy to get wet with. I have 4 post cert dives so my idea of a fun day is still a very vanilla / bland dive.....like Hunter Springs. I am available most every day. Send me a PM and lets see if we can't work something out!

I am from Naples and planned a Crystal River, Ginnie Springs or Rainbow in the next few weeks to dive.

Andy,
I'm taking a small group of divers to Epcot on Friday the 11th of Jan. for a 6pm dive. Still have 3 spots open.

Shoot me a note about this, great experience for a new or ole diver.

Bob C

Hi Andy,

I'm living in the Ocala area too, and I can tell you that you need to sign on with www.divebudy.com, then you to their ScubaEarth link, type in the desired dive site zipcode, and allow a 50 mile radius. You will then be able to see the registered divers in that radius. Click on their "balloon," get their email address, and then write to each one to see who you might connect with.

I'm doing the same thing now, and I have already connected to 4 locals, chomping at the bit to dive and warmly welcome newbie divers.

Blessings, and maybe I'll see you soon too!
Sandy

---------- Post added January 19th, 2013 at 08:21 PM ----------

Hi Bob C.,

I read your post as attached to Andy Lazar's, where you mentioned a dive in Orlando. Well I too am in Ocala, and looking to further my diving skills too. I too live in Ocala. So, I too would like to learn more about you and your group. Please email me with information. :) Sandy.

Hi there!

I am new to Ocala and also relatively new to diving. I've done only between 10-15 dives ranging from shallow depths 20ft to deepest (for me) 85 ft, in fresh water, ocean (boat and shore), and spring systems.

I am looking for a dive buddy around here to get to exploring the area. I am slowly working on getting all my own gear, but it's an expensive sport, so it's taking me a while.

Let me know if anyone is available. I am free most weekends, including Fridays.

Looking forward to hearing from someone!

Hi Andy,

I'm living in the Ocala area too, and I can tell you that you need to sign on with www.divebudy.com, then you to their ScubaEarth link, type in the desired dive site zipcode, and allow a 50 mile radius. You will then be able to see the registered divers in that radius. Click on their "balloon," get their email address, and then write to each one to see who you might connect with.

I'm doing the same thing now, and I have already connected to 4 locals, chomping at the bit to dive and warmly welcome newbie divers.

Blessings, and maybe I'll see you soon too!
Sandy

---------- Post added January 19th, 2013 at 08:21 PM ----------

Hi Bob C.,

I read your post as attached to Andy Lazar's, where you mentioned a dive in Orlando. Well I too am in Ocala, and looking to further my diving skills too. I too live in Ocala. So, I too would like to learn more about you and your group. Please email me with information. :) Sandy.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom