Need Dive Buddy in Monterey for Oct 11 (Saturday)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter.

Ben MUST dive doubles as he is an air sucking dog and can only get 20-30 minutes on a single 130....:D

Joking People..... Ben is a great diver, Well almost anyway...:mooner:

Me... I can't dive on the 11th, As I am being paid to leave on the 14Th for the Bahamas (Nassau) for a week, to do the photography of the shark dives for a Journalist.

I am so abused.:D

Sorry... Don't mean to brag, Just excited.

I've actually never done a boat dive in Monterey, only in San Diego, that's why I'm interested in doing one that weekend. I'm also interested in diving in Pt. Lobos and was told charter boats are the best way to experience that site. If you are still interested, let me know and I'll PM you my info so we can coordinate. Should be fun!

The only charter boat that does Pt. Lobos regularly is the Beach Hopper, and that only
occasionally.

Peter.

Ben MUST dive doubles as he is an air sucking dog and can only get 20-30 minutes on a single 130....:D

And I'm always running out of gas that's why my buddies are so proficient with airshares... :shocked2:

Last edited:
Generally speaking you have to work up (or down rather) your air consumption for that dive. Its either quite the surface swim, or you follow the pipe a bit (underwater), but its still a long way. Once there The depth is from 50-60 feet depending on tides and how far into the fields you go, so air goes faster as well. Then its always nice to be able to make as much of the swim back as possible underwater.

Assuming you feel thats not too steep if a price to pay then see if you can get someone to take you out.

Im going to be doing class dives this weekend.

Depends on what I'm doing....

If I'm in doubles then I'll do one long dive if I'm in singles then I'll do 2 dives. Sometimes though it's so nice I wish I could do a 3rd :)

One day last month it was so nice that we drove back into town and refilled the doubles so we could get TWO long dives in. Gotta seize the moment :D

Back
Top Bottom