Need Dive Buddy in Monterey for Oct 11 (Saturday)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidbaraff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning on doing a boat dive on SUNDAY, Oct 12th (Bambo Reef has an AOW class, i'm just tagging along on the boat, not part of the class).

I figured if I'm going to dive on Sunday, I might as well try to dive on Saturday. So I'm looking for any kind of group to tag along with on Saturday morning (i.e. Oct 11th).

FYI, I'm a new-ish diver (did my OW in Monterey in June, did a bunch of boat dives in Hawaii since then, was back for 4 more in Monterey about 3 weeks ago), so dives down to 50-60' are fine, but not any deeper. (But I won't burn through my air too fast, I promise. :))

Anybody interested, you can PM me for my email.

I might be down, will let you know asap. Newbie myself, just finished my AOW August. Thinking of Breakwater?

I'm also a AOW with 50+ dives. Are you interested in diving on a boat or from the shore? I'm looking for a buddy to go on a boat (Monterey express, etc...). Interested?

I'm also a AOW with 50+ dives. Are you interested in diving on a boat or from the shore? I'm looking for a buddy to go on a boat (Monterey express, etc...). Interested?

Just to be clear, I'm *not* AOW. Just O/W (with 13 dives). Do I want to dive from a boat? Well, I'd really miss lugging my gear to and from the water, not to mention getting sand all over, but, I *could* get over it. :)

Tell me more! I've never done boat dives in Monterey, which is why I was going to do them on Sunday, but just as happy to do them both days.

To the previous poster: sure, Breakwater is OK, but I wouldn't mind trying other spots. (I've been there for two dive mornings now.) The only spots I've been to are Breakwater, McAbee's, and Lover's Point (but we had 3' visibility for that one...).

It took me about 3 months to finally be at Lovers on a good vis day! Let me tell you 3' vis lovers does the site no justice. The first good vis was during my rescue class in June... made finding the diver underwater slightly easier... but the June kelp was no fun.

Normally id be more than happy to go diving Saturday, unfortunately im stuck on-call again this weekend. Ill be diving tomorrow and Monday (if it looks worth it) working on my mapping project.

I've actually never done a boat dive in Monterey, only in San Diego, that's why I'm interested in doing one that weekend. I'm also interested in diving in Pt. Lobos and was told charter boats are the best way to experience that site. If you are still interested, let me know and I'll PM you my info so we can coordinate. Should be fun!

I'm also interested in diving in Pt. Lobos and was told charter boats are the best way to experience that site.

I think the best way to experience Lobos is to take your time and spend the whole day there... bring a picnic lunch and hang out and enjoy the day :)

I think the best way to experience Lobos is to take your time and spend the whole day there... bring a picnic lunch and hang out and enjoy the day :)

How many dives do you plan for a whole day at Lobos?

Depends on what I'm doing....

If I'm in doubles then I'll do one long dive if I'm in singles then I'll do 2 dives. Sometimes though it's so nice I wish I could do a 3rd :)

Depends on what I'm doing....

If I'm in doubles then I'll do one long dive if I'm in singles then I'll do 2 dives. Sometimes though it's so nice I wish I could do a 3rd :)

So when was the last time you dove singles? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom