Need dive buddy in CHI/MKE area for St Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpedwards

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking to save money for an awesome trip to St Lucia Feb 5. Round trip, 7 nights all inclusive (except the diving) for about $1400 D/O is a great deal. Dive buddy can't go due to work conflict. Not *too* picky who you are, diver or not. I'm no travel agent, but PM me for details.

jpedwards:
Looking to save money for an awesome trip to St Lucia Feb 5. Round trip, 7 nights all inclusive (except the diving) for about $1400 D/O is a great deal. Dive buddy can't go due to work conflict. Not *too* picky who you are, diver or not. I'm no travel agent, but PM me for details.

Damn! Wish I could!

Transfer your tickets to the Mayan Riviera and you could join my group at an all-inclusive. May not pass your criteria as it's a family trip and my niece (5 yo) and nephews (2 and 3 yo) will be there as well. Good thing is my father and two sisters dive so I'll have buddies!

Paula

I was just in St. Lucia last year. Had a good time. Lots of eels although smaller than in Cozumel. A few turtles and a couple of good wrecks. Keep your eyes peeled for the St. Lucia "Thing" while your there. It looks like a centipede crawling on the bottom but much...much larger. I'll try to scan in a picture tomorrow from home. Ugly thing. I'll see if I still have the name of the dive charter that we used as well. Locals were friendly but getting around takes forever. Going anywhere means a trip over a mountain. Being that it is a volcanic island most of the dive sites are near land and the bottom drops off fast. We stayed at the St. James Club resort while we were there. It was ok. I've been to better and to far worse. One word of warning, when we were there a lot of swimmers suffered jelly fish stings. This seemed to be concentrated on the north end of the island near most of the resorts, we did most of our diving further south so they were no problem to the divers, but if you go swiming or water skiing at the resorts be carefull. Beyond that we had a great time. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Here are those pics of the St. Lucia "Thing". No one seemed to know what it was. Can someone out there identify this critter for me? Thanks in advance if you can. The dive operator we used was "Dive Fair Helen". The boat we used was nice and the staff was very friendly & helpful. A link to thier web site is below.

http://www.divefairhelen.com/

Back
Top Bottom