Need Dive Buddy 4/6 Cove 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang Bob, you sure are getting good. Was that Jr, he sure is getting big if it was. Looking forward to diving with you again this year. Have fun.

Charles

Cove 2 Warning!
If when you are gearing up in the parking lot and you gaze out across the water. If all of the sudden you see what looks like a breaching tire:

1. You haven't been standing to close the exhaust of the nearby diesel truck.

2. You aren't narked.

3. Your neck gasket isn't too tight.

4. You didn't get an Irish Coffee by mistake at the Latte stand down the street.

5. There isn't a newly parked with three more tires waiting to surface.

No instead you have just witnessed a "Kertzman". This is a lovely trick whereby you take your long hose primary and inflate one of the many cove 2 tires and send them towards the surface. What goes up, must come down. So swim out of the way after you have sent it upwards or else you may find yourself wearing said tire.

Aquanautchuck:
Dang Bob, you sure are getting good. Was that Jr, he sure is getting big if it was. Looking forward to diving with you again this year. Have fun.

Charles
That's this year's "Junior" ... he's about the size that Junior was last year. When I first encountered him back in January, he was very shy of divers. Now, he's apparently decided we make neat toys ... there were 11 of us in the water at once, and this was right where everybody usually fins up ... in 5 to 8 feet of water! Cold H2O and I were floating, waiting for OE2X and JTucker when I suddenly noticed motion in the water, looked down, and told Colleen "don't look now, but there's a harbor seal at your fins". I unclipped my camera, turned it on, and let the air out of my wing. The little guy was so happy to see me the first thing he did was try to nibble on my camera ... of course, I had to gently push him away from the camera, at which point he decided that pink fins were more tasty anyway. At one point he swam up underneath one of the other divers who was still on the surface, stuck his muzzle in the guy's crotch, and started nibbling on his drysuit ... I was underwater, so I missed Cam's reaction, but from what I heard in the parking lot later, it was rather noticeable ... :11:

Awesome pair of dives ... with great dive buddies and lots to see. Vis didn't suck either ... on the first dive it was easily 30 feet. Second dive was on a very low tide, so vis wasn't as good, but still better than 20 feet, even in the shallows ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I will add that my new dive buddy was very cute and very affectionate.

Thanks Uncle Pug, OE2X and NW Grateful for that first dive. I am still amazed at the great vis we had.
OE2X ~ Thanks for getting me out of the office and into the water so early in the day.

It was nice diving with old friends again and meeting a few new ones. Thanks everyone who made it out.
The diving was great.

I can't wait for the next office meeting at Cove #2.

I just wanted to say thanks for letting me tag along yesterday. The dive was great and a nice change from Hawaii. If any of you make it to Hawaii drop me an email and I'd be happy to go diving with you.

Thanks again,
Randy (the SN formerly known as JTucker.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom