Need Custom Drysuit, High Price to make a Mistake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabjs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking to get a custom sized tri-lam drysuit, I have been looking at Diving Concepts DuraFlex Tek or UltraFlex Pro (2000 no options) and DUI's TLS (1700 no options) TLS350 (2300 no options)

Not many options for viewing suits here in NorthernVA. I have gotten the above quotes, and am still amazed at the prices. Are these prices reasonable?

Anyone be able to comment on the pro's and con's of these suits? My old Drysuit was a ONeil Neoprene that I got for like 300 bucks 7 years ago, and it never fit, but for the price, what they heck.

Thanks

Bjs

Well, those prices are pretty much what I got quoted on the TLS350 and the DC suits. I ended up ordering a DC Pinnacle (custom) with pockets for a similar price.

scubabjs:
Looking to get a custom sized tri-lam drysuit, I have been looking at Diving Concepts DuraFlex Tek or UltraFlex Pro (2000 no options) and DUI's TLS (1700 no options) TLS350 (2300 no options)

Not many options for viewing suits here in NorthernVA. I have gotten the above quotes, and am still amazed at the prices. Are these prices reasonable?

Anyone be able to comment on the pro's and con's of these suits? My old Drysuit was a ONeil Neoprene that I got for like 300 bucks 7 years ago, and it never fit, but for the price, what they heck.

Thanks

Bjs

Best custom suits made are from USIA. Aquapro Plus with u/w kit and bag is about $1950.00

I have two -- we sell a lot of them. In fact I am going up there next week to be measured for a new style right at the factory.

$2k is about the right range though.

Good Luck

I just recently picked up a custom Bare Trilam HD drysuit for less than the prices you quoted. For the price I paid, it included the custom suit with a thigh pocket installed, two sets of underwear, a carrying bag for the suit, 7mm drysuit hood with zipper, 7mm gloves, and an inflator hose. Check out Divetank.com and call Richard... he's great to deal with.
I just dived the suit last week and it was great!

My Stock TLS350 cost 1300 and even came with twin jet fins for that price. Look around more. If you are willing to buy on the internet then you can get a custom suit for under 2000 but buying from a LDS will usually be close to what you were quoted, maybe a bit lower from what I have seen. Of course, going custom means you don't want to screw around with the measuring and going with a LDS that sells a lot of custom suits is probably a better choice. If you send the wrong numbers then you are stuck with the suit. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom