Closed DUI CLX450 Drysuit Size 2XL Tall includes Polatec Divewear $1500 ***Price Drop***

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickyVR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
This suit has been used less that 10 times and is new condition. Includes DUI Polortec 300 Jumpsuit 2XL, Rockboots size 13, drysuit hose, neoprene Zipgloves, Zip Neckseal Latex, CF200 kneepads, Zipper pocket, neoprene socks, Talc and Zipper wax, and Bag. Manufactured in 2008 although no changes have made by DUI to this model. Latex neck seal is in like new condition.
I priced this Package out and the current price is $4242.00. Buyer will be responsible freight charges calculated to your location. I am a dealer who is selling this suit for my customer who purchased it from me. Call Rick if you have questions. 218 233-6088.

Attachments

• 20220427_124952[1].jpg
    20220427_124952[1].jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220427_125008[1].jpg
    20220427_125008[1].jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220427_125103[1].jpg
    20220427_125103[1].jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220427_125538[1].jpg
    20220427_125538[1].jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 20220427_124959[2].jpg
    20220427_124959[2].jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20220427_125238[1].jpg
    20220427_125238[1].jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 95
Ricky,

I'm going to say that you will have a hard time selling a used dry suit - at that price -
many people will call $ 1000.00 a hard limit on a used suit. Even w/ the undergarment and that it's lightly used - asking $ 2200 seems very steep.

Reactions: Zef
I have received a few concerns about the age of this suit. Let me try and put this in perspective. If a person ordered this suit new from DUI the suit would be manufactured the same as the one being sold. If you dove that suit 10 times you would end up with a suit that is in new condition no different than the suit being sold.

The big difference is the price. $2400 versus $4200. The owner has agreed to include a new uncut neck Zipseal. He also would be willing to drop the price to $2000. As someone who sells these suits new I am confident that anyone who purchases this suit will be happy.

I have received a few concerns about the age of this suit. Let me try and put this in perspective. If a person ordered this suit new from DUI the suit would be manufactured the same as the one being sold. If you dove that suit 10 times you would end up with a suit that is in new condition no different than the suit being sold.

The big difference is the price. $2400 versus $4200. The owner has agreed to include a new uncut neck Zipseal. He also would be willing to drop the price to $2000. As someone who sells these suits new I am confident that anyone who purchases this suit will be happy.
No, if one was to purchase a new suit and dive it 10 times they would not have a suit that is not different than the one you have listed…the new suit would not have adhesives, fabric, thread, and other materials that are 14 years old that even if stored perfectly deteriorate to one degree or another. I am not a materials expert but I know that plastics become brittle with age and others lose elasticity with age. A new suit would have a warranty/guarantee as well that would not accompany a 14 year old used drysuit. And while the suit may come with a new latex zip neck seal the part that it attaches to is still 14 years old.

$2000 is a lot of money to put into a suit that age given there are better new and used options on the market…heck one can purchase a made to measure suit brand new for less.

Sorry to rain on the parade of your “for sale” listing, but in the end this is a discussion forum and while an experienced diver will know that this is not a good deal, those new to diving and drysuits should be forewarned.

The fact you represent a shop and are listing it for that price, all things considered, is something that is ripe for another whole discussion.

-Z

No, if one was to purchase a new suit and dive it 10 times they would not have a suit that is not different than the one you have listed…the new suit would not have adhesives, fabric, thread, and other materials that are 14 years old that even if stored perfectly deteriorate to one degree or another. I am not a materials expert but I know that plastics become brittle with age and others lose elasticity with age. A new suit would have a warranty/guarantee as well that would not accompany a 14 year old used drysuit. And while the suit may come with a new latex zip neck seal the part that it attaches to is still 14 years old.

$2000 is a lot of money to put into a suit that age given there are better new and used options on the market…heck one can purchase a made to measure suit brand new for less.

Sorry to rain on the parade of your “for sale” listing, but in the end this is a discussion forum and while an experienced diver will know that this is not a good deal, those new to diving and drysuits should be forewarned.

The fact you represent a shop and are listing it for that price, all things considered, is something that is ripe for another whole discussion.

-Z
I want to start by saying I appreciate the tone and wording of this post today as compared to your post that the site administrator removed yesterday.
My family started Northwest Divers in 1965. I have worked in this business since I was 8 years old. I have maintained a very loyal and active customer base throughout these many years. That loyal customer base does not happen by accident. We provide quality and fair information and service to our customers. In the past and present we have worked with over 15 county dive rescue squads providing them with DUI drysuits since the early 1980's. We have also sold numerous drysuits to local sport divers. We are a full service drysuit repair center. We are one of the few facilities in the tri-state area that has a water testing tank on-site just like the DUI Factory. I am confident that I know drysuits.
While I am not a materials expert either, I have over 40 years of experience observing how time and wear affects a suit. It my opinion that materials if stored correctly can and do last over 40 years. I will site an example. Just recently a customer brought me DUI drysuit from the early 1980's for an inspection. This suit is estimated by the original owner to have been used at least 200+ dives. The zipper needed replacement and the seals both neck and wrist also needed replacement. I did a leak test in our water tank and found that the rest of the suit was dry. The seams and the material appeared to be in good condition.
I discussed the price of a new suit with the customer which was over $4000 for the same type of suit. Based on that he wanted to know if the suit was worth repairing. Because he wanted Zipseals installed we sent the suit to DUI for an opinion and possible repair. The repair department at DUI made the same assessment that I had made. The material was in good condition and the seams looked good. The folks at DUI felt the suit could go for many more years. The customer decided to go ahead with the repairs and Zipseals. They also decided to add low profile valves. The cost of repairs to the customer was approximately $1200. That may seam like a lot for an older suit, however, they saved almost $2000 compared to buying a new suit. For this customer it was the difference between a suit they were comfortable with and not having a drysuit at all.
You mentioned that you could buy a made to order suit for less and while that is true the suit would be entry level versus the high end suit that a DUI CLX450 is. It is important to compare similar suits. Your point about warranty is valid, however, the pre-owned suit is $2000 less than new.
Once again I have been a dive store operator for over 40 years. I have sold many pre-owned drysuits at similar markups. I have yet to have a customer come back and have concerns. My customers love their drysuits. I am getting older now and since the pandemic have not had the traffic through the store as in prior years so I thought this might be a good way to get the suit more exposure. I am fairly new to Scubaboard and the suits may be priced to high. I may end up holding the suit longer until it sells at the store. That will be up to my customer. Feel free to make offers and I will take it to the owner.
The bottom line is I am not the owner of the suit and am trying to sell it for the owner. The owner purchased the suit from me and I feel a responsibility to help sell it. I won't go into why the owner is selling the suit other than to say that peoples lives change.
Just so their is full disclosure I will be getting about $300 per suit to try and help them sell the suit.

All of what you say is great except it still doesn't make what you are selling attractive especially with the current US to Pound sterling conversion rates....I just priced out a custom membrane drysuit on Seaskin.co.uk with all the bells and whistles (reinforcement patches everywhere, knee pads, pee valves, si-tech neck and wrist systems, storage bag/changing pad, etc, etc, left and right thigh pockets, rockboots, etc.) Less than $1200 US before shipping....shipping is not all that much either. There are numerous ScubaBoard members who have purchased suits from Seaskin and I have yet to read a negative comment and nothing to indicate that these suits are basic level at all.

If one doesn't want a membrane suit, Seaskin also makes compressed neoprene drysuits.

There is also Tekno-Diver out of Italy that makes off the rack and made to measure as well....my wife's was just under 1000 euros...she is very happy with it.

While not everyone likes them, an Aqualung Fusion Bullet sells in the US for a bit over $2K new, and it can be purchased from Europe for about 1700 euros that is less than $1820 with a current exchange rate of 1 Euro = $1.07US. Again even with shipping one will be well under the cost of what you originally listed this 14 year old suit for and very well under the cost of what you sell new DUI suits for.

If one wants to go custom but doesn't want to deal with ordering from overseas....well then there is Deep 6 who offer a quite nice custom drysuit designed by folks who do a helluva lot of diving, for a cost of $1800.

The fact that folks are willing to pay over $4K for an off the rack drysuit just makes my head spin.

My apologies for my original post being a bit snarky...and again sorry for raining on the parade of your for sale post...but the price you are asking (or your client is asking) for this drysuit and the other one you are trying to sell is just ludicrous.

Good luck with it though....there is always those P.T. Barnum quotes, I guess.

Cheers,
-Z

Price Drop $1500.

I just sold a very similar suit with more dives on it to a gentleman in Washington for $1800. After receiving the suit he was very satisfied.

Now a decent deal when you consider the extras, if someone wants a suit fast here it is.

I bought this suit. Thanks Rick, it is just as advertised. It looks like it just came
Off the DUI factory floor. Also super fast shipping.
You might want to get a better camera, because the pictures you have in the posting are kind of blurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom