Need cheering up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heads Up

Hope your feeling back not normally asap hun!

Just noticed what you do for a job (financial something or other!) cool....just got a job as a PA to a mortgage and financial consultant so I am having to learn all about CIC and stuff such as fun !? :wink:

Anyway, hope your clear for getting cold and wet and miserable soon! :D

I am on 4mg of the anti-coagulant and am forbidden to dive by my cardiologist! What was "Tom" doing diving at all?:bonk:

Don't know what kind of blood thinner "Tom" is taking. He just became an instructor about a year ago too! The doctor even cleared him to dive the next week, he had students scheduled for checkout dives in FL. I don't think Tom went on the boat dives they had scheduled for after the OW certification dives though, I think another diver in a leadership position went with them. He spent 3 days in ICU while they got the bleeding stopped though.

That's all I really know, I try not to delve too much into his personal life.

Happy diving!

Ber :bunny:

Wish I had his Doctor. Mine is adamant, won't let me dive at all. All this equipment and now it's useless.

;-0

NJdiver I don't really know what the difference could be. Tom's old enough to know better than to get a doctor that doesn't know or care to learn anything about diving and prescriptions. However, I never make assumptions! People will dive whether it's a good idea for them physically or not. I know NAUI says diabetes is an absolute contraindication to diving but DAN is doing research on diabetes and diving so there are certified diabetic divers out there. Someone has to be participating in the study.

Butch
Yes, Tom's wife was somewhat scared but the fact that she is an instructor in a med. tech. course at the local university probably helped. She is familiar with everything that was going on and seemed to be more upset with Tom for not admitting to the internal bleeding earlier.

The boat crew was great, the captain told her he would turn the boat around and head back. He even came back down to make sure she was comfortable with her decision to continue on and fly out of Bimini. The people at Nekton made all of her travel arrangements and kept her posted on Tom's condition. They made sure she was able to call him to see how he was doing too. She even dove with my buddy and I a few times, the crew seemed relieved to see that even though she was worried about Tom she was able to have fun once she found out he was going to be fine. The other passengers were great too, they decided to sign a safety sausage and send it with her as a get well gift for Tom.

Ber :bunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom