Need Advice w/ Dive Shops in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Florida on Aug 22 and since this will be my first time in Miami. Will be staying in the Miam Shores area near Barry University. I'm looking for a good dive shop or dive charter for great diving rates and services. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Personally I like H2O scuba which is just up the road from shores. A small shop that specializes in ScubaPro gear.
As far as dive charters, there are great boats leaving out of Pompano Beach and Ft. Lauderdale.
You will be living less than an hour from Key Largo also, so that is a great option.
Good Luck and welcome to FL.

Steve

Divers Direct in FTL is a nice "mega" store. They have good prices and a good selection. I-95 and Griffin Road. Go Bucs!

An alternative to the above, with equal pricing and possibly reputation, is Fill Express www.fillexpress.com in Pompano Beach. Mostly Dive Rite equipment, and while oriented towards Techies, they are also very much rec diver friendly. Very good prices on Nitrox fills (.07 per cu. ft), banked 32, 36, 40 %s

Divers Direct/World Watersports in Dania is a good choice for good quality gear at very competitive prices. Only drawback, not enough variety (mostly Mares, Oceanic, Zeagle, Tusa, and O'Neil) This shop does not do Nitrox fills, but their shop in WPB does banked 32%.

Go Bucs!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom