Need advice: stay in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!
I´m staying 1 week in Curacao (May´19). My husband and I are scuba diving and we are travelling with my 2 kids (2 and 4 years old) and my parents-in-law.
So we wanted to stay in a kids friendly hotel/resort in a good location for scuba diving.

Do you have any advices?

We´ve been to Sunscape (5 years ago -without kids) but we didn´t like it very much...Do you have others alternative?

Thank you so much!!

I'll be down there in june so can't help from a current perspective. But we are staying at the royal sea aquarium resort - we were there in 2004 as part of sea camp back then. The resort is, as mentioned, across the channel from ocean encounters for boat diving (I dove with them all week in 2004 and loved it). You can also walk out to the beach on the channel - this is a nice quiet sandy beach which would be good for young kids. The resort stay also comes with admission to the aquarium (dolphin show is extra) but good for the kids as well. I've been told it's a ways from good west coast shore dives and I'll find out just how that goes in june. As we were there for sea camp, the entire week revolved around the activities at the resort so the review is one sided - but kids had fun (6 & 11 at that time) and still talk about it today.

Over the past 4 years have stayed at the Sea Aquarium, Blue Bay and Nos Krusero and dove them all. All different parts of the island. Here are my thoughts......

Sea Aquarium
- free entrance to the sea aquarium, we (my wife and I) would go daily
- free shuttle to the supermarket daily
- short 5 minute walk to the restaurants, stores
- Ocean Encounter dive shop a few minute walk away; they were good
- diving (average at best, not the preferred location on the island)
- accommodations were excellent
- private small beach
- 3 times we walked into Willemstad

Blue Bay
- very good accommodations
- no stores/restaurants in walking condition other than the resorts; we did walk to the supermarket one day and it is a 30 minute each way hike or a 5 minute drive/taxi ride; there are buses running
- large beach but share with cruise shippers
- lots of fish life, good diving
- golf course on site (although we did not golf)
- Blue Bay has own dive shop; small but functional

Nos Krusero
- west coast; 50 minutes from shopping
- best diving
- dove with Dive West; less touristy, excellent dive shop, did my PADI O/W with them 3 years ago
- nice beach but excellent for diving and snorkelling; not overly crowded
- quiet; more suited to a couple

Hope this helps and I'm sure you will DUSHI Curacao........strong recommendation is to go into Willemstad, nicest city in the Caribbean and I've been to most.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom