Need advice on upgrading drysuit boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgsturg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a DUI FLX 50/50 drysuit with yucky boots. The foot area is crushed neoprene wit an attached rubber sole. I think newer suits use the rock boot system but I don't like the rock boot style. My feet don't fit the boot area very well and my fins don't stay on since the boots are too loose. I've dealt with it for years but I have a blister on the back of my heels due to a long weekend of diving and I'm sick of putting up with the lousy design/fit. I'd rather not switch to a smaller size/same style boot because I really don't like the style of it. I saw the DUI drysuit at the quarry over the weekend and I really liked the molded rubber boots it had with the little fin tab. Does any have any experience or recommendations on switching my drysuit feet out?

Thanks,
Jeff

It should be easy enough to do. Ring your local DUI supplier or DUI direct and tell them what you want. It may be a little expensive, a boot change here is about £80 for a drysuit and it may be a little more if you are specifying a more expensive type of boot. But it can be done and genrally isn't too much of a problem :wink:

Sorry - saw a Dive-Rite drysuit with boots I liked. Anybody try Dive-Rite boots on a DUI suit?

Thanks,
Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom