Need advice on choosing dive computer watch!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
Am I going to have to be the first one to point out that none of these (nor any dive computer) "tracks decompression sickness" ?

I have to admit...that was a good catch Spart...

Let's be honest here. All your average dive computer does is track your depth and time, take those two variables and plug them into a mathematical equation, then spit out the answer in the form of a number. We interpret this number as an NDL. Yes they can get a bit fancy, but this is the same basic starting point.
They don't track DCS, they don't prevent DCS...they're just an electronic instrument that spits out a number based on a few variables and an equation.

hunter991:
The Diverite watch sized computer has gone away. They now have a DUO which is a great two gas computer that has nice big numbers and is downloadable.

Brent

I'm fairly certain this watch sized one did two gasses. Now, big numbers, it had not. :)

JahJahwarrior:
I'm fairly certain this watch sized one did two gasses. Now, big numbers, it had not. :)
nitekplus.jpg

You are correct, it did 2 gasses.
Then again the OP said they're a brand new diver -- this is a useless feature for them.

Go with the VR-3...Cost in the range of a nice Rolex, so it would have to be considered fashionable...You would definitely garner alot of attention...In the end...not knowing any better...all of your friends would just have to have one. That good ole conspicuous consumption. When they buy one and get utterly confused about what they just bought, they may want to sell and be willing to take a loss. Send them to me and I will gladly discuss a deal.

johnny_bravo:
Or it's cheaper little brother the D6 :D

Cheers.

-J.-

I have a D6, but given that his name is "porsche" he can probably afford the D9.:rofl3:

muddiver:

My wife got me a CITIZEN HYPER AQUALAND and it is NOT A DIVE COMPUTER I know I am using it. The previous post could of been right I think that people have to make sure that when they talk about an item that they use the proper name some are computer and some are not. Now as far as the one I have I love it, it will keep dive in memory then you download them to your computer but as far as computing the dive I have a real dive computer for that.

tracydr:
Any recommendations for a ladies dive watch?
Try Cressi Edy. I've seen it in person - it's tiny and cute. :)

Regarding Citizen - Dive computer is a piece of equipment you sometimes trust your life with. It's better to buy one from people that are in the diving business and know what they're doing (Uwatec, Suunto etc...).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom