need advice on camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Junbug1970

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All,

My wife and i are new to scuba. we just finished our OW cert.

i am looking to buy cheap underwater camera to play around and take decent photos and saw this item on ebay. Can anyone let me know if they ever use on of these? and what are your thoughts. Keep in mind, i'm not looking for perfect photos, but just to play around in and get decent photos with some decent lighting (flash)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1300&item=3824700580&rd=1

thank you

Junus

I just got the same one off EBAY. I will post how it works in a week or so. I should get it in a few days and will be using it at the Flower Gardens.

It seems like a great alternative to an expensive digital. I figure if I get some good pictures out of it I may upgrade. But…. If I lived near the ocean…. I would have a nice digital!

Welcome to the ScubaBoard!

We have several of these and in the past have rented them out....people were pretty happy with their first results.

I know this is going to start a big discussion, but I gotta say it....Make sure you are good with your scuba skills before you start to multi-task with taking pictures. People often forget to check their air and lose buoyancy control when taking pictures.

We had terrible results with those cameras. Lot's of flooding problems, so we dropped them. For a few bucks more, I'd say do the SeaLife Sport Camera. It has the ability to run a close up lens and external strobe later if you wish, and they will simply replace it if it ever floods. And customers seem to get better shots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom