Need advice for Hawai'i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

um....it sounds like he has all ready made arrangements. and just asking what he could expect on a deeper dive......but I could be wrong.....but not likely :rofl3:

i just got back home today and had 2 great dives there. i dove the sea tiger and some pipe just out of the harbor. they were great. i have only dove in pretty much black water and this was my first dive where there was any good vis. it was great being able to see so far. i went out with waikiki dive center on there boat called scooby i think, there was only me and one other diver on board. it was great getting to know them and dive with such a small great group.

one of the dives is a wreck dive at 85ft. thats about all i know about the different ones. i am going ot oahu saturday for a week. any pointer about loactions would be great

well this would have been the y.o. but you say yo dove the sea tiger which is the better of the two wrecks. i think. the sea tiger's bow sits at 123 feet while the stern is at 115 feet. did you complete the secret mission of the sea tiger? there are actually two secret missions on the sea tiger .1. find the bowling ball. two flush the toilet. i dont think anyone has seen the bowling ball since i last hid it.last year. if not maybe i should move it to an easier spot.and toilet is easy to find. just dont overflow it. :rofl3:

no i didnt know about any of that. all i did was go through the floor and come out a hole where i was greeted by a turtle. i wish i would have known about the ball and to flush the crapper. i just noticed you are from there and i am already planning a trip back but i will be going to kauai and try to dive Ni'ihau. i have been to kauai before and i think i like it a little better because i don't really care for all the crowds. have you made any dives there?

no i didnt know about any of that. all i did was go through the floor and come out a hole where i was greeted by a turtle. i wish i would have known about the ball and to flush the crapper. i just noticed you are from there and i am already planning a trip back but i will be going to kauai and try to dive Ni'ihau. i have been to kauai before and i think i like it a little better because i don't really care for all the crowds. have you made any dives there?

I'll be interested to here how the Kauai diving is for you. I was just in Maui and had great diving. Was planning on Kauai for our next trip as well but was told the diving there isn't as good.

Oh yeah, and as for Honolulu, I'm with you...too crowded. I liked Maui much better!

well i stopped logging dives on oahu about a year ago and i logged about 300 dives of the Enzo which hits most of the wiakiki sites. the bowling ball became a sort of thing between me and an unknown diver. ( have an idea who) i would hide it and after a few dives it would get moved so id have to find it then hide it all over again if you went in thru the wheel house you were kind of warm in finding the toilet. yes some of the boats are crowed but there are other options. a more private charter can be had but you have to realize it does cost more. for those who want a more private personalized touch that option is going to be here very soon. which will include exploratory dives. meaning the dive site is virgin. these dives will not be offered to "inexperienced divers". and the groups will be very small.hopefully by the time you come back this way it will be in full swing. no I havent made any dives on the other Islands. was looking to go to maui but put it off as I dont really know the dive ops over there and would just end up doing shore dives.

i did luck up on the boat. we ended up being tihe only boat at the sea tiger that morning and we also only had 2 of us on the boat. it was a real nice dive. it was mainly the pipe that had all the people at it.

Dookie, I just dove with Waikiki Diving Center on Monday. There were 4 of us that went to the Sea Tiger...(I did not hear about the bowling ball during the briefing). Then to Kewalo Pipe. I dove with Adam. He's a nice and friendly guy. Totally flat conditions all last week. I did find the toilet.

as i understand it the moring on turtle canyon is no longer there so that leaves like only four morings in that area and most of the sites are reachable from any of the others and there are some nice things to see at th pipe and around it. so right now the pipe is a feature attraction at the moment. you know people talk about how bland the reef is on oahu. but i can tell you there are some reefs here that are so alive with life and blazing with color. truely spectacular.

had to remember where i had this pic at. for those who dont believe there is a bowling ball hidden on the sea tiger here is a link to a pic of me on the sea tiger. now i could be wrong but that object in my right hand could be the bowling ball in question. :rofl3:

Picasa Web Albums - Marco - Diving on the...
:coffee: anyone claiming to find the bowling ball should add a pic of them holding it. otherwise.... you get mikes univeral hand sign for um.... a dive story? (not what he really calls said sign)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom