Need Advice for A diving trip in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In August the water temps in the Bahamas will be in the mid eighties. The two islands we have been to Grand Bahama and New Providence (Nassau) had pretty good diving, with decent reefs and wrecks and good visibility (up to 100'). Both these islands have operators doing shark feeding (gray reef sharks) and swim along (the sharks hang out near the feeding sites, and so are generally present on most dives in the immediate area) Walker's Cay, a private island at the northern end of the Bahamas runs a famous shark rodeo that attracts a wide variety of sharks including Bulls and occasional Tigers.

August is of course in the peak of hurricance season, so conditions are subject to change rapidly.

I just booked a cruise on Carnival Miracle departing Tampa on Aug. 27. It goes to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya. This will be our first time to these places.

I'm a vacation warm water diver and booked this cruise to go diving in all 4 ports, maybe even in Tampa pre-cruise. Wife is a non-swimmer but can snorkel, so if a diving trip/location can also offer good snorkel she will go together.

I know you get best diving by staying at one place with more time. But this is one way I get to go to all these places in one trip. If we like certain places a lot we can go back to stay longer in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom