Need a tester or two.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The final final prototype is finished, the coating is on, and my jig is wrong. I am making a new jig tonight, and will have a couple of units made this weekend. I will try to figure out an easy way to post pictures this weekend, and will be sending out a couple of test units this weekend. The final product will have cnc cut lenses, and some very minor "production" changes, but all in all, these units should be good to go. I am also waiting on a few bits of hardware. I changed a few dimensions, so new hardware will be here by tomorrow! I will post a link to the jeepsite, I know how to post pictures there!

http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=54309

Here is the link for photos of the camera housing.

Ok, I have sent out several test housings to people, and the response and suggestions have been great! I made the final final mockups last weeek, and it looks like we are going into production in one week. I just recieved the last tools, and the parts have been ordered. The pictures on jeepaholics are very rough final versions, the production units are much more refined. Thanks to my testers, especially Milo for all the testing. I will be posting real pictures on the website in a week or two, and the product should be available by the end of the month. I will be sending out a few free units to my testers for all their help. Socalmike, scubamilo, and the folks at sea paradise in Hawaii. If anybody is interested in a very inexpensive dive camera housing, check out www.shellicam.com. Again, lots of thanks to all those who offered up their time to help me finalize this very long project.

I am releasing a 4" and 5" inside diameter housing designed for the sports diver. List priced at 199.99. Depth tested at 500 plus feet. My wife has been working on it since we got married, and we have spent years tweaking it. Trying to hit the sub 200 list price barrier and still make a few bucks isn't easy. The pics of the unit will be up in a few days, and we have spent the last three weeks working on the asthetics of the unit. I am coating the first unit today, but intil the patents are done, I can't release the pictures of the final production unit. If you look at the jeepaholics post earlier, you can see pics of the very rough mock ups. Scroll down to see the black unit, that is still a very rough mockup, the production units look totally different, but the idea is there.

It was nice meeting you and your family in Hawaii. I was wondering how the testing went there. The vis was better on the big island then it was on Oahu. Hope you had a good time.

you were right about swimming out to the manta dive at night instead of taking a boat... owell now that I know where it is...

Yeah, the boat trip is almost comical, they turn the motor on, accelerate for 30 seconds, and shut down to coast the rest of the way. The waves were a little big to go off the rocks. I took the whole family out there for the night mantas, and it went perfectly. The design I showed you has been completely redesigned. I just finished painting the final prototype today. It was great meting you. Email me if you are diving anytime soon. I will be doing a release party in a few weeks on a dive boat. i will have several units for people to use and test, and I will probably raffle a couple of them off for free.

will do! I will have to ask Milo to bring the new model out next time we dive together ( I was hoping today but out of 5 calls, no one was going to Redondo this morning)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom