Need a tester or two.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too am skeptical, and would be rightly so if I get a very fake $999.00 international money order to cover shipping and then demand the Western Union deposit to offset the cost :wink:

Would be nice to have an underwater housing *for the rest of us* available though. Hope this is not a rouse ...

lol, I will pay for everything. I am having fun making this housing. I will have the final prototype ready as soon as the durabak paint comes in. I made these years ago, but the design was never so great. I found a few key components in my pharmeceutical work this year that greatly increased the quality of my design, and a buddy who is good at cad didn't hurt either. This housing is not a real pretty design, very basic, and is meant for the extreme budget diver. No scam. I was recommended to this board by a buddy of mine on a jeep board, jeepaholics.com. I am dittohead there too. Just a normal guy. I live in the inland empire area. Riverside california. And no, I cant give you a free camera too. Just a housing to 1. maybe two divers. I need it to be critiqued. Told how it sux, or is good. That is all. I want to sell these housing eventually, but if I don't, no biggie. I am a tinkerer to the max. I don't blame you for the skepticism though. Thanks for the reply's, I will finish the housings this week, and send 2 out to two of ya. I will pay for shippiong of course, and you don't have to return them. Just send me some video that I can use for promo purposes. It will probably be an ebay thing if these units work out.

Tanker299:
:confused: Why the skepticism? He's not asking you to send him a camera, he's offering to send you a housing and all he wants is videos in return ...

Did I miss a Nigerian 409 scam here somewhere? Apologies to the 99% of Nigerians who are honest folk.

Alex
The skepticism is deserved as the "too good to be true" freebie offer is a bit much. The Original poster joins just to do this? No info on the OP. Could be great, but the new member has to understand why we're leery. I'm surprised the thread is still here.

[-]But the shipping on a small housing can't be more than $5. Small risk; obvious scam if more is requested.[/-] Okay, since he's willing to pay shipping, no problem - unless other demands...?

But if this goes well, I want one, too...! :D

Yeah, I was leary about posting myself. I hate doing this on the first post, but what the heck. I will contact a couple of people from here in a few days for their unbelievable offer. The material cost to me is under 50 bucks, and I am trying to get the jigs, templates, cad work done to make the build time to under 1 hour each. I am also sourcing the lens right now, since cutting it by hand is not fun. It take about 10 minutes to do, which isn't bad, but I would like the lens to be perfect. For now, it will be made by hand. My friend from jeepaholics is a minimalist diver, so he wasn't able to help me. He got the first offer. I am ne wto this board, but I did try to fill in my profile a bit. Anybody diving in so cal in the next month? my wife and I really need to brush up on our skills.

Sounds fine, Ditto. Hope it works out. My camcorder is too large, but it sounds great.

Refresher courses would really be indicated here, I think - but post on the Southern Calf forum for dive buddies...

I have a Sony Mini-DV camcorder and live right here in Temecula - I am very interested!

PM or email me if you still have any left.

Brett

Bspurr13:
I have a Sony Mini-DV camcorder and live right here in Temecula - I am very interested!

PM or email me if you still have any left.

Brett
I don't know if it will fit. do you have a model number? I can swing by BB today and check it out. I am also planning on making a slighlty larger housing based on this design, but the cost is a little more than I was hoping for components. I will try to get the parts pricing down, but I really started this years ago with the larger housing. You will be nymber 2 if it will fit. Are you planning on diving soon Brett? I am in Temecula on a regular basis, I could drop it off, or meet you for a dive and give it to you there. Thanks for the quick responses everybody. I am really looking forward to getting back into diving on a regular basis.

heck I been looking for a can for my recorder .just turn on before dive and record no name brand housings will fit mine.

That is the design. Everybody has a home computer, just edit it out after the dives. Nearly every camcorder in the last 10 years comes with a remote. Use it to hit record just before the dive. The basic design should handle any reasonable depth. My older design never had a problem depth wise, and this new design is much more stout. I am hoping to get the final painted prototypes done by the end of the week. I will try to post some pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom