Need a new backup reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If/When I get my bp/w setup I'm planning on going ahead and switching to the long-hose setup. Right now, I have a AquaLung Micra ADJ with an AquaLung LPO backup reg. The LPO has the mouthpiece at an angle of something like 120 degrees, which means I can't really necklace it. And besides, it's a crappy reg.

So, I need a 'real' octo. Any suggestions on what I should get? I'm hoping to get something pretty cheap, and I just need the second stage.

Also, can I use any brand second stage with my AquaLung Micra first stage? I've found quite a few nice regs on eBay.

Pretty much any reg will do with your Titan first stage, but be careful with ebay. Most people find that once they are through with paying shipping, service charges and parts for a reg that is never what you thought it would be is more of a hassle than getting the normal second stage from the LDS.

If you like the style of the LPO/ABS but want something that performs a little better, Apeks makes something called the Egress that works well, otherwise you can pretty much get anything that you like and can have serviced easily enough.
If I can offer one suggestion, it would be to keep it within the Aqualung/USD brand as it is always easier to have serviced and saves you running to multiples shops etc.

Back
Top Bottom