Need a mask with a BIG nose pocket!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freeflyer

Reaction score
OK, I admit it, I have a big nose. My current mask isn't bad, but I've spent many an hour trying on masks in dive stores and not finding one that really fits comfortably.

Can anyone suggest a mask that might work. I know I still have to try it on, but it might help to have some makes/models to check out.

I always seem to get a lot of pain just below my nose, pushing upwards. sometimes it's enough to make me end a dive.

Cheers,

J.

It's ridiculously expensive but is the most comfortable I've found. The nose pocket is reasonably large and the distance from the top of the mask to the bottom of the nose pocket is greater than any other low volume mask I've seen.

Try the Cressis - as a mask line, they seem to be more accomodating to people who are nasally-enhanced.
:sharky:

Hi:

I was blessed with the gift of my grandmother's nose. As noses go, it is one that until I learned to appreciate it as a ancestrial inheritance/antique even (LOL) I wanted to change it as soon as I could afford to. I would suggest the Scubapro Fino. :) :wacko: R

I am blessed with a fairly large nose and dive with a Mares Opera mask. It fits me like a dream.

Aqualung has some masks that are in their retro line that would fit. The larger oval shape with no nose pocket. You could be Loyd Bridges of Seahunt fame

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom