need a dive buddy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snurfer1

New
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm new to this forum and fairly new to diving...I got PADI certified in May, but between school, work, and a ridiculously long bike trip, I haven't been able to get out since. I have just finished buying all my own dive gear though, and am about to embark on a marine biology program through northeastern university that will take me from the north shore of massachussetts to the island of Moorea in French Polynesia and finally to Catalina Island in California. The majority of our classes are going to held at least partially underwater (I am VERY excited for this). The program starts in September. The problem is that I need to get in a few dives before I start, and instead of being in Boston as usual, I'm going to be in Rochester all next week. I'm not at all familiar with diving in Rochester, and I don't know anyone who is certified back home either. Would anyone, out of the kindness of their heart, take pity and go diving with me? I know it sucks to go diving with a noob, but it would help me out so so much. At the very least, does anyone know any charter groups that are going out between next monday and next friday?

Cheers!
-Beth

Hi Beth---

I live in Oswego and was hoping to go diving sometime over Labor Day weekend (Fri, Sun, or Mon). I'm new to the dive scene here so I don't know much about what's up, but if you know about Rochester, I'd be glad to drive out there and dive with you. Alternatively, I know where the dive park is in A Bay (about 1.5 hours from me, which would be about 3 hours from you)--- supposed to be quite good.

I, too, have my own gear -- Brand new so I'm getting used to it, and I love it!

Let me know--

Barb

Beth,

Head over to Osprey Charters. He goes out on Lake Erie.
Also check with Discover Diving in Depew. Great shop (www.ddwny.com) They also can schedule charters with Osprey. I'm in Rochester, so please let me know if I can be of any help!!

Maybe we can get Dan to take us out to the Pete???? Dan? Dan?

Heather.

Sorry.... but i do not believe the Pete is a beginner dive. The depth, temperature, currents and viz can all make for a tough dive. I'd be happy to take ya elsewhere though....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom