Need a Dive Buddy This Weekend, Big Island (Kona Coast)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverAlex

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Aloha!

Heading to the Kona Coast for Labor Day weekend, looking at doing a handful of guided dives and some shore dives; not from the area, so based on calling the local dive shops, they don't really organize "social dives" like up here in the Puget Sound area (too much money to be made by doing guided dives!). So please message me if you know about a social group that will be diving this weekend, or if you also need a dive buddy this weekend! I am a fairly experienced nitrox diver (less than 100 dives, but have done them in the Philippines, Palau, both coasts of Mexico, and the Puget Sound).

Thanks all!

DiverAlex

Just FYI, diving Kona was great and most of the dive sites did not disappoint. I am a big fan of big pelagiacs and rare/ unusual fish/animals, and Kona provided! The manta and blackwater dives (provided by Big Island Divers) were a couple of the best dives I've done (blackwater was creepy but exciting!) and I did manage to spot a couple rare specimens: one was a male Whitley's Boxfish, and the other a huge Giant Grouper which are all but extinct in Hawaii (will have to figure out how to post pictures, because the Grouper is definitely a giant grouper and not a black seabass, etc.)!

Another big mahalo to Big Island Divers, awesome crew and a fast boat!

DiverAlex

Back
Top Bottom