Need a dive buddy for Pepper Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WC46

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be staying at Sebastian Inlet State Park from February 22nd until March 4th. Looking for a dive buddy to do some shore diving. Would like to dive Pepper Park and surrounding areas. Open for suggestions also. I am an experienced diver with 276 dives. I know this is a bad time of year for viz but I have no options.

vis has been spectacular for mid winter. Vero south to Styuart was top to bottom last week... Keep an eye on the wind- if conditions are good, Ill meet ya up there.

What is water temps. like that time of year? 5mm, 7mm, or drysuit?

I would plan on water temps to be in the upper or lower 60's, depending on the weather in the preceding weeks. For an hour long shore dive that would mean a 7mm for me.

i'm in! --off the 27th , 28th, and 1st.

Opps spotted a calendar problem I marked wrong days. It is actually some of those rare times I am off Feb 25 - 26 - 27 which is the weekend. DUnno how the local shore diving will be but sure. My local boat trips are Jupiter Dive Center. Steve keeps up with the shore diving better than I do lately. Waveland beach county lifeguards have a phone in the tower... 772-229-2850. They are surfer boys so you kinda have to quantify their reports. Can you see your feet if you are standing chest high?

WC46-- I have dove PP with really bad viz winter time in the past and ran face first three times in :20 minutes with Bullsharks. Normally I can just barely make them out in that fuzzy distance and it does not bother me so much but that day I grabbed two lobster and hauled butt.
I'll dive it if we can see anything at all. The tropicals are always fun to play with at the second reef line as long as I can see the end of my outstretched hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom