Need a buddy tomorrow at vortex (7/26)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anybody free tomorrow afternoon? I'm gonna go out on a charter boat in Panama city on thursday but i'd like to dive Vortex on the way down. I'm probably lookin at around 3-4pm.

Consider Morrison instead, saves you $32 and its a much prettier divesite. Its just south of Vortex, maybe 10 miles.

I've gotta work :p

ditto, and if it was a wee bit later, lets say...... 6 pm, would make for an interesting evening dive. heck, if it was that late, I might even be able to go

photohikedive:
ditto, and if it was a wee bit later, lets say...... 6 pm, would make for an interesting evening dive. heck, if it was that late, I might even be able to go

Cmon over. Someone just PM'd me and is gonna meet up with me at morrisson, I won't be gettin there till somewhere between 3-5pm though, probably gonna do 2 or 3 dives (I don't get down that far very often :D) so you could hook up with us for dive 2 or 3.

Morrison makes for a cool night dive, the bottom comes alive. Just keep in mind, caverns are considered caves at night.

I can't afford Vortex...it's like throwing money in a hole...

That's right, all you Vortex owners/operators...I said it! WASTE O' MONEY! Jipping us all! You people are shameless! How can you even sleep at night?

SPM has it right..."The best springs in life are free." I'm going to need a parachute to get down from this soap box...

Vortex has its place... Its great for classes and it can be a fun dive at night, without lights :)

The dive is what you make of it, but its definately not my favorite location. The price makes it all that much worse.

I'd say "it's place" is a stamp in my log book. Know what I mean? Do it once, yes. (Checkout dives, in my opinion, were better at Morrison!) $32 is WAY too steep. I think it's a been-there-done-that-kind-of-thing. I'd much rather dive with you, SPM:sappy: LOL..

But, to each his own. Have fun at Vortex.

Vortex is great when all else is flooded or no good tides in the winter. It is also great for meeting with SBers for Vortoberfest and local dive club at midnight on NewYears eve. Night dives with no lights and bright moonlight make up for any daytime ugliness. I don't go there often (to dive) because it does get old fast and the quality of the water with students and swimmers kicking it up is not worth $32. I was barely stomaching the $25 fee, now my visits will be more carefully planned. They lost my air fill business when they upped the price of that, got my own two tanks and get a cheaper fills at my LDS. I do buy stuff in their dive shop from time to time. They have a lot of odds and ends and a good price on the gloves I buy. Over all, Vortex has their place but, just like boat dives in the area, they are pricing themselves out of the market for me. I'd rather pay a little more in money or time to see something new.

Morrison it is then.... thanks for the advice guys, i'm in college so i'm all about saving money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom