Need (2) 150 W HID or 200 W HMI lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
My friend is helping me post this message to all the dive boards. I am in need of two video lights for an upcoming project that our company is producing. The lights need to be at least 150 watt HID or even 200 watt HMI. The need to have video reflectors, and I need them by March 5. If you are willing to help us please contact me at jroney@hidefpics.com. You can take a look at our website www.hidefpics.com, so that you know we are a professional video production company, and you will get you lights back. We had some lights set up to demo, but that has seemed to fall apart and now I’m in a jam. The production will be in the Bahamas with UNEXSO and Pelican Bay Resort. Thank you I we hope you can help.

Jason Roney, VP
Hi Def Pictures
812.599.6881 phone
812.273.8782 fax

Been checking around my area..nothing brighter then 50 watts. I'll keep looking and asking. Ive got Scubafest in Ohio on the 1oth but I dont think that will help you.

Have you contacted Dive Rite? Green Force? Etc? Can the person get their product in the shoot?

Mark - Decopixel

Geez... I hope you're not planning on doing close-up work. That could be pretty detrimental to the marine life's photo sensors! I use 20-30 watt lights on close-ups and even those concern me.

Good luck finding the lights though.

They are going into caves with the lights.

drbill:
Geez... I hope you're not planning on doing close-up work. That could be pretty detrimental to the marine life's photo sensors! I use 20-30 watt lights on close-ups and even those concern me.

Good luck finding the lights though.

They guys are using two 50 W (IIRC) Green Force lights on the camera housing. They use additional lights carried by two extra divers. The Dive Rite 50W lights are what a buddy and myself carried for these guys during the JB video. They just don't quite cut it for that size of cave. I can't remember the name of the guy in California, but he is helping them out thanks to Tobin's recommended contact.

These guys will consider product placement.

marksm:
Been checking around my area..nothing brighter then 50 watts. I'll keep looking and asking. Ive got Scubafest in Ohio on the 1oth but I dont think that will help you.

Have you contacted Dive Rite? Green Force? Etc? Can the person get their product in the shoot?

Mark - Decopixel

Thanks to everybody who tried to help. We rented a couple of 200W HMI lights from Pacific Visions in Santa Barbara. We're heading to the Bahamas tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

And yes, we're using these in cave diving so the higher wattage will help. The Green Force lights I have on the camera are nice for open water, but they don't cut through much darkness in an overhead environment.

Dan Gibson:
My friend is helping me post this message to all the dive boards. I am in need of two video lights for an upcoming project that our company is producing. The lights need to be at least 150 watt HID or even 200 watt HMI. The need to have video reflectors, and I need them by March 5. If you are willing to help us please contact me at jroney@hidefpics.com. You can take a look at our website www.hidefpics.com, so that you know we are a professional video production company, and you will get you lights back. We had some lights set up to demo, but that has seemed to fall apart and now I’m in a jam. The production will be in the Bahamas with UNEXSO and Pelican Bay Resort. Thank you I we hope you can help.

Jason Roney, VP
Hi Def Pictures
812.599.6881 phone
812.273.8782 fax

Hi Jason,

we have our new HID 250 in both flood and spot. It is a 70 watt HID, it is AWSOME, it is bright enough to land a plane :D

Any questions contact me. Visit our website www.mantaindustries.com

Thanks - Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom