• No

Votes: 69 39.0%
  • Yes, a watch

Votes: 23 13.0%
  • Yes, second dive computer

Votes: 85 48.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My girlfriend and I used our Princteons last week :wink: I added a capillary depth gauge to each of our SPGs, just in case. Not that I have any reservations about taking electronics into salt water under pressure. At this moment I am working on adding a capillary depth gauge to the face of my Princeton. Many or most of the cap gauges are not very accurate past around 50-60 feet but should be good enough for doing a 15' safety stop if the computer craps out.

Edit: After I wrote that I realized that I used my Princeton on 6 dives without having to wind it. I don't know how long they will go without winding but it didn't take much to wind it back up after about 6 hours of use.

I did change my mind. I will bring a spare computer which is in my pocket. I will do that both for tech and rec dives. In 2018 I had 2 tech dives without backup computer/bottom timer when my computer failed.

This year there was one dive were my buddy his computer failed.

For me a bottomtimer is still enough to finish my dive. But I did change the settings of my computer at my wrist, it’s not in gauge mode anymore. I did change my mind...

Gotta wonder how bad these are:

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Waterproof-Multi-Function-Chronograph-Temperature/dp/B0068NYFCC

US $84.9 50% OFF|NORTH EDGE Men Sport Watch Altimeter Barometer Compass Thermometer Pedometer Calorie Depth Gauge Digital Watch Diving Climbing-in Quartz Watches from Watches on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

At $80 US they're not quite down to "just buy one to find out" level, but they're getting there... Not that I care to have any more redundancy than my buddy, or wear watches. But I did recently discover that my 20-yo casio tough solar no longer works at night.

I was looking at the Pyle Dive Watch and it has great reviews and horrible reviews and it makes me wonder why Casio doesn't have something comparable. What bothers me most about the Pyle is the rotating bezel--what the heck is it for? Just so it will look like a dive watch?

Pyle makes (used to make) a couple of good audio products, but after they expanded to "other electronics" they became known as a pyle of s**it. I don't think they do any quality control on stuff they source.

Back
Top Bottom