Near miss opening night of lobster season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the sharing - reinfoces my plans to do weight & oral inflate drills often. Even put that link in my Sig, but it's not getting much attention I don't think.

Glad you survived; sounds like you just barely did. You might hit that link in my Sig. I'm going to link this thread to it. :wink:

Thanks for posting this.

It drives that point home that practicing essential skills is key and that typically a series of events leads to an accident, not just one single failure.

I also wonder how the OP feels about the integrated Octo / Inflator unit. It seems to me a regular octo would have caused less problems. Especially of course if bungeed.

Again, a valuable post IMO.

I would like to thank also for this post. It has helped to remind me that a dive is not near as important and being around to dive AGAIN.

Dandy I did click on your link even prior to your post above. It looks like this week I'm getting back in the water. One of the post I really liked was that air was for breathing and not blowing up your BC so they kick and blow all the time at the top. It's something that I wll be doing.

It's easy to get to a point where one feels comfortable and forget the little things. When stressed, if one hasn't done the drills repeatedly it's possible something could be missed. It's why in the military they drill and drill and drill so when a situation occurs you REACT according to your training and and don't "think" about it. It's my goal to not "think" about what I have to do and have it happen intuitively - if you know what I mean. I will be practicing. And then some.

It was my hope by posting this that those reading it would get that message and maybe do a training scenario on thier next dive. It looks like a couple of people have started thinking about that so my stupidity may be helpful after all :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom