Near drowning experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1)NEVER took the reg out of my mouth even when i could not get air out of it.
when i crawled out on the back I spit the reg out.
2)Got control working the problem after some stupid time I call it.
Hope you enjoy this I know ther were mistakes at several places on this whole thing on my part and several others regarded even using new divers or some one have been out for several years please don't pick apart not something I real proud of.

When I went back down 20 mins later I had 8 lbs on. My Screw-ups 1)listen to someone I did not know.
2)did something I had never done before
with-out training.
3)Lose my head when I should have worked
the problem.

Your biggest screw up was going back down.

Thanks for sharing this with everyone! Divers, waves and rocks/reef don't mix very well. Conditions here in the North Atlantic are brutal. A divers in-water ability and cool headedness often determines if a person will survive. A thorough assessment of the dive-site is crucial.

For the new diver:

1. This is why you need to be trained properly; including rescue skills.

2. Your in-water ability is important. Doing a swim test with mask and fins doesn't cut it; you have to be able to deal with the situation without them.

3. Dive in conditions that you are confident that you can handle. Even then, things can quickly deteriorate.

Once again thanks to the OP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom