Near Drowning at Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We actually have a "simpleton" checker installed... we know how smart you are by how many words you spell right! :D (Sorry, just had to go there)

VaPadiDiver:
I was there too. Apparently, she took in some water in the ballroom and then has a gage reflex which turned into panic. I tried to rush over with O2 when I saw they had her up but O2 was already on the scene. Two members of my VA based group were involved in the rescue and I agree that the scene was handled Very "textbook" :) Must be that PADI training :) LOL. It goes to show though, even a benine location like the ballroom can be too much overhead than some divers should be in.

VaPadiDiver,
Any chance in getting the two members of your VA based group to post a dive accident report? It would be nice to have a clear understanding of what happened - not to assign blame, but to learn to prevent future incidents.

Eg. It was mentioned that she lost her weight belt. From the initial report, it is not clear if she dropped the weight belt or if the weight belt was dropped by the rescuers when they reached the basin.

Hantzu

NetDoc:
We actually have a "simpleton" checker installed... we know how smart you are by how many words you spell right! :D (Sorry, just had to go there)

Spelling is a matter of memorization not logic or reasoning.

I just jumped on to see what's happening and you guys are picking on each other over spelling!! I am just letting you guys know now if you come to Houston I'll buy the steaks.-M

Michael Schlink:
I just jumped on to see what's happening and you guys are picking on each other over spelling!! I am just letting you guys know now if you come to Houston I'll buy the steaks.-M

Not really picking, it's more like clowning.

Steaks? Sounds good. Beer too?

MikeFerrara:
Spelling is a matter of memorization not logic or reasoning.

Just remember though, you spell a word one way and only one way, your closeminded.........

NetDoc:
in_cavediver... that would be "you're" and not "your". Just thought you should know. :D

Note to self, proofread more carefully.......

Mike

in_cavediver:
Just remember though, you spell a word one way and only one way, your closeminded.........

My closed minded what? Either you meant you're or it was an incomplete sentence. LOL

But how do you expect me to remember how I spelled a word the last time. If I'm going to try to do that I might as well remember how every one else spells it.

Mike...hooked on foniks!

Back
Top Bottom