Near Drowning at Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok guys, I come here to keep tabs on the accident and now you've gone and done it..... I'm hungry. What can I bring to the Bar-B-Q? (Check my spelling on that) Anyway, so is there any news on how she is? I know when we heard her start moaning / yelling / crying we were releived, as lame as that might sound. At least we knew she was breathing. I know she was Medi-Vaced (spelling again) out of there but that was the last I heard.

I also have to add in my 2 cents on the whole - "let divers make their own decision" comment. Yes I am cave trained, for those who are not but feel they are "qualified" to go into overhead enviorments, let me tell you something..... You may feel comfortable with the risk you are taking, but your risking the lives of EVERYONE near you. If you do not have the training you will be ignorant to what I am saying, you will not agree or see how I can say that, but, with a litle education and the right attitude you will appreciate what it really takes to be safe in a cave, wreck or other overhead enviorment. Please think twice before risking my life!

Well, that sure as Hades didn't get sent the way it needed too! It was meant for whoever said that they did two OW checkout dives at one spring, and then 3 more checkout dives at anouther place. Too tired to reread the whole thread to find out. Not that important.

Colin

No prob Coberry7, that was me.
the check out dives included a skin dive as the first "dive", then 2 more actuall dives in the one spring.

Thanks, Gibbon. That makes sense! I thought you did 5 OW dives on SCUBA for certification. Thanks again for replying.

Colin Berry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom