NE Dive Charter Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cd95806

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
With the unfortunate closing of Cape Ann Divers and the discontinuance of several other dive charter services in the North East this year, I thought it might be helpful to start a list of active dive charter operators in the NE region. Please respond with as much information as possible about each charter service.

Canned Air, Wayne 860-539-4947.
South Kingstown, RI.

Excellent boat. Excellent crew. Genuine pleasure to dive with. 2018 is supposedly his last year in operation.

Boston Scuba
Www.bostonscuba.com
Boston, MA
Runs all year, although with a somewhat limited schedule during the winter (Sat and Sunday one charter per day) but runs two charters Thursday through Sunday. They are a six pack and can easily accommodate whole boat bookings. Very experienced crew with lots of local knowledge in the Boston area. Can accommodate single tank, double tanks, rebreathers, sidemount, etc. All of the captains/crew are experienced recreational divers or Instructors with a few experienced tech certified captains/crew (all are at least Trimix certified on either OC/CC or both)

Cape Ann Charters
www.divedaybreaker.com
Gloucester, MA
Runs late spring to early fall with two charters daily Friday through Sunday. The boat is a six pack. They can easily accommodate whole boat bookings and custom charters. Very experienced captains/crew with lots of knowledge of the North Shore and Stelwagen. All of the regular crew are tech certified and regularly dive rebreathers. The owner is an experienced tech instructor on multiple rebreathers.

Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions
Gauntlet
www.northernatlanticdive.com
Beverly, MA
Runs year round on the weekends/holidays only. Can accommodate private bookings with advanced notice. The boat is a six pack with plenty of room. Very experienced captains/crew. The owners are both highly experienced OC and CC Instructors/instructor trainers. They have lots of knowledge of Massachusetts Bay.

*full disclosure, I’m a Captain for Boston SCUBA and Captain/Crew for Cape Ann Charters

@Tug - why doesn't the daybreaker keep their schedule updated? Maybe I'm crazy but I would look at their calendar several times last season and see it blank.... then after the fact it had a charter. Do y'all coordinate through dive shops only? One of the things I liked about CAD and NADE was the ease of seeing their schedule and getting on a charter.

Another dive boat -
Down Under Diving
Diving Charters Gloucester, MA - Diving Massachusetts - Cape Ann, Boston
Gloucester, MA
I haven't used them before but I've seen the boat at some of the popular Gloucester spots like the Poling.

Hmm, that’s weird. As far as I know, it was relatively real-time since it’s synced to a google calendar. There were some dates that were wide open then either a shop booked it or a private group booked it. That to say, I’m sure there were dates that didn’t get synced. Best bet, and this goes for most of the Charters, is to give them a phone call or email to inquire about specific dates. Often times there are other people that have expressed interest in a date but the minimum to run wasn’t met. I believe Matt’s contact information is on the website, if it isn’t, shoot me a PM and I’ll send it to you.

thanks. It's entirely possible I just wasn't staying on top of it with daybreaker. I spent part of the season going through AN/DP and ended up on canned air a lot as a result. I hate shore diving up here so I'm looking forward to booking early and often next year so I can avoid the shore as much as possible.

They usually have a prelimary schedule around Sea Rovers. I’m not sure how free you are on Fridays, but last year there were a bunch of tech charters scheduled on Fridays.

Then I may be calling out sick on fridays a few times next year - thanks for the tip!

Thank You all for your replies

Back
Top Bottom