NDR: New to Houston...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvilleStang

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just moved to Cypress, and need a few pointers from the locals:

Softball leagues? Happy hour bars? Country bars? Other interesting things to do that aren't an hour drive away?

Kevin

Wow! You just moved to houston, huh?
Well, congratuations!

Congrats?!? I'd much rather be in either Ft. Worth or Austin, but I gotta go where the money is...

OK. Correction. Congratulations on a job!

I guess. I can understand why someone would like to livein DFW; but Houston can't be bad either. Especially since (1) it is in Texas; and (2) the job provides a paycheck.

Trust me dude. A paycheck is always good. You wil dig it; and the wife will dig it. Paychecks are good :wink:

Just moved to Cypress, and need a few pointers from the locals:

Softball leagues? Happy hour bars? Country bars? Other interesting things to do that aren't an hour drive away?

Kevin

Hi, Kevin,
I'm in the Cypress area as well. Welcome to Houston. Kilburns Pub is a local watering hole that has live music. When I'm not driving downtown, though I usually do, I will go to Brix Wine Bar or The Crooked Ferret, depending on my mood and how grungy I look.:shocked2: I can't give you info on country bars because that's just not my scene. I think most of the softball leagues in this area are company team oriented, but you can call the Cypress Creek YMCA and find out if they have anything. They have a huge facility and keep expanding so my guess is that you will find what you're looking for through them. When I really don't feel like driving downtown I will hang out with friends and play poker. Do you play Hold 'Em? New players are always welcome!
Also, my NW Houston dive buddies and I get together frequently and drive to Huntsville to dive the Blue Lagoon. You're more than welcome to join us. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any more questions.

Shannon

Back
Top Bottom