NDR: Narita airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hope someone can help me. I fly out of Austrlalia tomorrow afternoon and have a pretty long layover at Narita.

I've been there before and know the day rooms - what I can't seem to find is how to book them before I arrive! The last time I flew through Narita they were already booked solid and I spend 6 hours in a very uncomfortable chair - I'd like to not repeat that experience.

Thanks for the help!

Narita Day Rooms

But - they may not speak English...

If not and you want us to try for you drop me a PM with some details and we will see what we can do

This is one good reason to have either a JAL card or American Express. They have their own lounges with free drinks etc! Actually, as a foreigner if you are brazen enough you might even get in without having to show a card - I know some people that did! If all else fails, it's worth a shot - if they demand to see a card just say you forgot it at home!

jagfish:
I'd say there will be a pretty good chance that they have English support at that number...

don't think anyone there speaks English - not immigration, not customs, not the bus ticket people....

Mind you not many at London or New York speak Japanese (or much English either :11: )

Kim:
This is one good reason to have either a JAL card or American Express. They have their own lounges with free drinks etc! Actually, as a foreigner if you are brazen enough you might even get in without having to show a card - I know some people that did! If all else fails, it's worth a shot - if they demand to see a card just say you forgot it at home!

I thought only the Platinum Amex card got you into the lounges. Is there a lounge at Narita that a regular AMEX will get you into?

Jonnythan...I don't know, just a few weeks ago on my way back from Bangkok, I was asked by the customs person if I spoke Japanese (in Japanese). I proudly said, "Yes, a little". He asked me a question (in Japanese) and I replied that I was in Bangkok for a conference. He smiled and replied in English, "Actually, I asked you if you have anything to declare."

I took a few moments to laugh my arse off before continuing the conversation in English...

A Gold Amex definitely does. Also my daughter and her husband just walked in. They do have the cards but they didn't have to show it.

Narita is a problem for long stopovers. Tokyo is too far and expensive to visit even on the train. In Europe, often the city is close enough to get to for under $20. (inside 4 hours)

Gold through Black AMEX (Centurion) card carry some weight. (I have neither) If you have an Elite flyer card it may get you into some respective clubs. (policy varies) I wouldn't expect to get in free alone though, they have a gauntlet of people inside the door to check ID and tickets these days. Since 911, many airports require the check, as arriving passengers must go through security screening. (as well as the clubs defend their turf, else its no longer exclusive) In other parts of the world, you can pay for a day pass. (or priority pass) I don't know about Narita a la day, though I think Northwest sells day passes. You may want to call your airline and see if you can buy a pass.

Another option is to try and meet someone on the plane\Airport who has a membership and slide in as a guest for free. I have done this many times for others. (always seemed like a nice thing to offer to me) You can figure it out by the folks who board the plane early or pester the CSRs for upgrades. So talk to folks near the CSR. Idle chit chat is easy.

I know nothing about day rooms. More familiar with Hotels offering short stays in Airports for a refresh though.

I was there a week ago. I used the United Red Carpet Club based on status cause I always use the showers there. (free inside the club) There is also free wireless access. Showers are available at Narita for $20, I don't remember.

btw- what does NDR mean ?

Back
Top Bottom