NDR: be careful when you answer the phone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe a Margarita will calm your nerves.

OH DEAR GOD!!! All of the sudden I can see the pics! I would freaking die if that were in my house...I would never sleep again! EVER! In fact, I would probably just go ahead and move and get it over with. :shakehead:

I can take anything...except spiders!

now I will be jumpy all night. I HATE and FEAR spiders. I can't stop from looking around. Good God I hope the cat does not touch me!

You need a Tokay Gecko...

250px-Tokay_Gecko.jpg

Don't think that Gecko will do the trick,.

But this one will.komodo-dragon.gif

Don't know how you will get rid of him,after the spider is gone.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

It looks like a harmless wolf spider. When I was doing my student teaching I found a cute little brown spider (I grew up with 5 brothers, so I'm not afraid of them....spiders, that is). I put it in a jar and stabbed some holes in the top so he could breathe. My mentor teacher about had a heart attack when I showed it to her......it was a brown recluse...very poisonous. Oh well.....at least I didn't pick it up with my bare hands.

I don't think there are too many things you can classify as "harmless" in Oz!!!

Seems like just about everything they have over there will kill you!

ooops..my bad. Here's some info I just pulled up:

Venom toxicity - the bite of the Wolf Spider is poisonous but not lethal. Although non-aggressive, they bite freely if provoked and should be considered dangerous to humans. The bite may be very painful. First aid and medical attention should be sought as soon as possible, particularly as to children or the elderly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spider Identification - an adult is 1/2 inch to more than 1 inch in body length - mottled gray to brown in color, with a distinct Union Jack impression on its back. The female carries it's young on its back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Habitat - this spider is a ground dweller, with a burrow retreat. It has a roving nocturnal lifestyle to hunt their prey and can move very rapidly when disturbed. Commonly found around the home, in garden areas with a silk lined burrow, sometimes with a lid or covered by leaf litter or grass woven with silk as a little fence around the rim of the burrow.

It looks like a harmless wolf spider. When I was doing my student teaching I found a cute little brown spider (I grew up with 5 brothers, so I'm not afraid of them....spiders, that is). I put it in a jar and stabbed some holes in the top so he could breathe. My mentor teacher about had a heart attack when I showed it to her......it was a brown recluse...very poisonous. Oh well.....at least I didn't pick it up with my bare hands.

uh...with a name like "Wolf Spider"...harmless? lol ;-) Glad you didn't pick up that BR...Here's a good slideshow on those...and black widows...

Spider Pictures Slideshow: Black Widow Spider vs. Brown Recluse Spider on MedicineNet.com

I really do hate spiders.

Thanks, Cynde. Yeah, those bites don't look too pretty....even after 10 months after getting bit!

BYW, Alcina, whatever happened to your phone friend after you took photos of it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom