NC wrecks for new OW divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't care, I still like him. :).....hummm....I am going fishing next week....and I did not say how...I'll catch up with you off line.

Wilmington has the Hyde, Markham, and the tugs (Stone and Pocahontas) which are all fun dives that are good for new divers, especially the Hyde. There's also the Liberty Ship, but the others are better. You can read up on the area wrecks here.

Aquatic Safaris and Cape Fear Dive Center both run great charter boats.

My husband and son did their very first ocean dives with Aquatic Safaris out of Wilmington and had a great time.

Discovery Diving takes their brand new open water students out to the Indra for two short wreck dives in the afternoon. . Keep them on the top of the wreck and you stay under 60 feet. Viz is mostly good but there are never guarantees withthe NC coast. Same for weather. Wind speed and direction dictate if the boat goes out and how challenging the ride will be. Encourage the divers to take sea sick medicine or pay the price with misery. Plenty of good creatures to see although the sand tigers are not known to hang out there.

What are the costs of a boat dives around NC like to the wrecks mentioned above?

At Discovery Diving, a charter to the Indra is considered a half day charter. The cost of the charter is $65.00, which doesn't include any rental gear such as tanks, weights, etc. A regular day is $115.00, which doesn't include any rental gear such as tanks, weights, etc. These are usually two dives, one offshore and one inshore, but both dives can be done on the inshore wrecks.

You will not be dissapointed when diving with Outer Banks Diving in Hatteras, NC aboard the Flying Fish with Johnny & Amy. I have been diving with them for 10 years and love it. You may want to consider the diving conditions prior to taking new OW divers down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom