NC divers: Anyone been out at sea lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to know what the ocean conditions are like and if boats are going out for diving? Anyone been out?

Only on Private boats. Most of the commercial Ops have an aversion to going out in big seas....I don't blame them. Im sure Olympus will run a trip for you if you have enough folks to go....but be prepared for an inshore dive.

I went with Discovery a couple of years back. They needed 6 peeps to take the small boat out. Interestingly, we were met by a beautifully calm sea flat as a board! It was not as calm when we left the dock but by the time we arrived to the site it was totally flat like a pool. There are some days where it can get like that. If there are enough people ready, I would not mind trying out my luck.

I've been itching to go. If you try to get a group together, let me know and I may be interested.

Aquatic Safaris has a trip to the Hyde on Feb. 13. Then a number of trips in March including one to 23 mile ledge and another to Fossil Ledge in late March. 23 mile is a nice ledge. 23 and Fossil are both about 100 ft. The top part of 23 mile is around 85 ft. Fossil is more flat.

AS runs out of Wrightsville Beach next to Wilmington NC.

Outrageous V (Discovery Diving) went out a couple of weeks ago to the Aeolus. Had about 20 feet of vis and water temp was mid to lower 60's. Wasn't a bad day at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom