Navigation Board - homemade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

after getting some dives on it, i decided to make some minor changes to enhance ergos and address a few design oversights........and also to give it some thiccc child bearing hips

View attachment 638740
Absolutely incredible! Please let me know if you would happen to have an extra laying around that I could purchase. Because I find find these anywhere I am thing about making my own from a cutting board. You've given me some great ideas on how to make mine better.

Absolutely incredible! Please let me know if you would happen to have an extra laying around that I could purchase. Because I find find these anywhere I am thing about making my own from a cutting board. You've given me some great ideas on how to make mine better.

so i dont have one kicking around immediately i can send out to you...but we do have a few options.

• i can make one for you....will take a few weeks, but shouldnt be too much trouble.
  • i can send you the drawings, and tell you which vendors i used for the components, and you can piece it together yourself.
  • i can send you the drawings and you can make it yourself.....if you have basic shop tools, you can make it pretty easily out of a cutting board.

another option ive been thinking about doing is 3D printing the entire chassis, right now the chassis is 6061 aluminum and the back cover for the compass is 3D printed, i have the ability to do high strength, water proof 3d prints, and ive been toying with the idea of just doing it all as 1 piece of 3D printed plastic.

but let me know and i can help you out.

but ive been using mine pretty regularly, and especially when diving in turbid water, this thing is WORLDS better than a standard suunto wrist unit.

that is the coolest kickboard i have ever seen.

so i dont have one kicking around immediately i can send out to you...but we do have a few options.

• i can make one for you....will take a few weeks, but shouldnt be too much trouble.
  • i can send you the drawings, and tell you which vendors i used for the components, and you can piece it together yourself.
  • i can send you the drawings and you can make it yourself.....if you have basic shop tools, you can make it pretty easily out of a cutting board.

another option ive been thinking about doing is 3D printing the entire chassis, right now the chassis is 6061 aluminum and the back cover for the compass is 3D printed, i have the ability to do high strength, water proof 3d prints, and ive been toying with the idea of just doing it all as 1 piece of 3D printed plastic.

but let me know and i can help you out.

but ive been using mine pretty regularly, and especially when diving in turbid water, this thing is WORLDS better than a standard suunto wrist unit.

I'm not in a huge hurry and would be interested in the one piece printer model. Couple of questions for you, what do you expect the coast to be and what compass is it modeled for? Thanks a bunch, this is perfect for what I want to do. Which is mostly having fun navigating around the Blue Lagoon in Huntsville, TX but would definitely use it on dive trips as well.

Not 100% sure on cost, as I need to model it first, but a rough estimate would be in the $120-150 area.......but I'll get that modeled up and get an exact price to you in a week or so

Regarding the compass, I'm currently using the Brunton/silva 70p.....they run around $80-100 last I checked and they perform great

well i have the modeling done, honestly quite happy with how it looks

Y2C6kyT.png

rVsz8Pu.png

need to get some quotes, i would love to have it CNCd out of 6061...but thats an expensive proposition unless im doing a batch of 10 or more.

Looks fantastic. Again, no hurry here but I am having trouble tracking down a 70P compass. Hopefully the Silva will be available later this year.

My memories of swim boards [navigation boards] were more like this one, except it was only compass, watch and depth gauge.
navigation-2-swim-board.jpg

basic timber with slots cut in it.
Yours is very 'slick', nice.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha magnificent, what ever happened to just diving, I'm taking everything post 1979 to the tip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom