nautilus swell/explorer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no one can ever strike a nerve with me, Mike :)

I thought I was being comical not insulting with that, sorry if it came out wrong!

Don't worry, I took it the right way :D:D:D

bump....

Now that the Nautilus Swell has been doing trips to BC and Alaska for a year or so, does anyone care to share their thoughts on the boat?

Thanks,

Christophe

We were on the Swell at Port Hardy in April of 2011. We did Browning Pass as well as a short trip to the Deserter Group. This was not our first trip to Browning Pass. It is one of the only destinations we have done more than once and we have done the trip at least 4 times. The Swell is very comfortable to live and dive from. The people running the show on the trip have a huge amount of knowledge regarding the diving and the sites available based on the tides and weather. The food was amazing. The attention to detail was what you expect from a high end resort. I have no problem recommending the trip based on our experience on the boat.

I did the 10 day Alaska trip in September 2011 and it was awesome! The Swell started in the spring of 2011 and took 12 divers at a time to either Alaska or the Port Hardy area depending on the season. This spring, they are going to re-introduce local trips with departures from Steveston, going to various Gulf Island areas and also the Nanaimo/Campbell River area for wreck and other dives. These were their most popular in the past because it is so easy to embark/disembark here on the lower mainland. In late spring, they are organizing trips to Haida Gwaii (formerly Queen Charlotte Islands). We are hoping to put together a Cooldives trip to this area.

Summer is the amazing Alaska trips, and then fall is the best dive sites of BC trips around the Port Hardy area. She is a beautiful boat and in 2012 is 100 years new. Top notch service from the crew which is typical of the Nautilus philosophy.

Back
Top Bottom